Chapter 11- Sunset Stroll

Each day, Hunter would come to your room.

You would practice your reading, or one of you would share your tales- tall or true- and just generally keep each other company.

It had been two weeks, and you were finally able to leave your bed.

You found yourself very weak, and your wound ached when you tried to walk.

"I'm trying again." you announced determinedly. 

You had been trying to practice simple tasks again, like reaching to take a book from the shelf, or just walking down the hallway without crippling in agony.

Hunter looked at you in concern.

"Simple tasks, y/n?"

You pushed yourself off the wall. "Simple enough! Besides, that stupid cobweb has been bugging me since I got here!"

You climbed onto the chair propped against the wardrobe. Wincing, you reached for the top of the closet.

"This is going to do a lot of damage-"

"Oh shut up, you have no faith in me." you snapped, pulling yourself up it, your feet scrambling against the wood, scuffing it.

You managed to haul yourself on top of it, and it shook tauntingly.

You sighed as finally steadied itself.

Adjusting yourself awkwardly, you lay on your back.

You pawed at the cobweb, and it fell away.

You grinned, and pushed yourself up. "Hazah!" you exclaimed.

The wardrobe shook again, and you grabbed the sides.

Hunter gazed at you wide-eyed.

"Get down, please? You'll fall." he pleaded.

You rolled your eyes. "That's what I intend on doing."

You shoved yourself off the wardrobe, and fell right onto Hunter.

He caught you clumsily, snapping down to his knees under the impact.

He grunted, sliding you onto the floor.

"Why did you do that?!"

You clutched your chest as pain shot through it.

"'Cause why not?" you wheezed, still grinning, though it had become more of a grimace.

A knock came at the door.

Hunter grabbed your arm and pulled you up, sitting you on your bed.

He put his mask on, opening the door.

"The emperor would like to inform you that your presence will be required tomorrow at noon. The Owl Lady has been captured and is to be petrified then." a scout said. Noticing Hunter was the one who had answered, he added. "Oh, sir, you too."

Hunter nodded. "Thank you for informing us, you may leave."

He closed the door.

Your had skipped a beat and the mention of the Owl Lady. Eda, who had saved your life.

"What's up?" he asked.

You snapped back to reality, gulping. "Nothing. It's brilliant they've finally caught her."

He sat down next to you. 

"You grew up in Bonesbrough, ever bump into her?"

"No. I don't think so... but from what I heard, I'm not too sure she deserves a petrification..." you trailed off, slightly regretting saying the last bit.