Chapter 22- Down By The Singing Sea

All my troubles on a burning pile, all lit up and I start to smile. If I, catch fire then I change my aim, through my troubles at the world again...

You had buried Corvus by the tree in Latissa. It had been a day, and you hadn't spoken once.

You hadn't seen Hunter, nor tended to your duties. 

No, you had carried Corvus' tiny body carefully wrapped in your cloak, all the way to Bonesbrugh, then hitched a ride to Latissa.

You had knelt by the tree, digging with your bare hands.

When you were done, you placed a kiss on his cold head, and laid him to rest.

You stood on a pebbly beach, cold sea air tinting your cheeks rose. 

You were perfectly still, listening to the waves crashing against the shore.

Hunter would be worried, but that didn't matter to you.

Things had become overwhelmingly confusing in the past month, and you wished it could go back to the way it had been.

You know it's not the same, as it was. As it was.

 Tears rolled down your face, and you scrunched up your fists.

A strange and powerful sensation washed over you, a mix of rage and desperation.

You fell to your knees, shouting to the winds.

"FUCK. YOU!" you cried, knowing no one would hear you. "Fuck everything! Why can't I just have a normal bloody life! Why must the world conspire against me? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE IT ALL!?"

You stumbled to your feet, and ran.

You sprinted over the stones, ignoring the jolts of pain as you landed awkwardly.

Gradually you sped up, and you found yourself feeling freer and freer.

Like you could run forever, and nothing could ever bother you again.

You let out whoops of relief as you raced along the coast.

Faster than the fittest athlete could run, more comparable to the speed of a cheetah.

Your lungs weren't burning, your breath wasn't ragged. There was no pain, no stitches.

You simply could run.

Lady, running down to the riptide.

You shrieked with joy, not slowing down nor speeding up.

The sun began its descent in the sky.

You had been running for almost an hour.

And you weren't going to stop.

We've come so far, to give up, who we are!

As you ran, you felt feathers brush your cheek, and watched in awe as Corvus glided alongside you.

Except, he wasn't back. His feathers were translucent, and he was emitting a faint blue glow.

You cheered.

Maybe this was madness, but if it felt so wonderful, you didn't want it to stop.

Slip!

You faceplanted, hard.

Blood exploded from your nose as you pushed yourself up, and spluttered as blood stained the grey pebbles.

You sat back, laughing.

Nausea swarmed your senses, but it made no difference.

You couldn't just be the Mage of Mischief; it made literally no sense.

Not anymore.

'Mischief Magic' didn't make you superhuman. 

"I wasn't cut out for this shit," you mumbled dreamily, smiling.

Mischief Magic didn't let you see the ghost of your animal best friend.

You smeared the back of your hand across your face, feeling more giddy as you realised how much blood was streaming from your nose.

You blew a bloodied kiss to the heavens.

Stayin' still, eyes closed. Let the world just pass me by!

It was the next morning when you eventually stumbled back into the palace grounds, still in a haze.

You walked to the library, sourced the book on your magic, and ripped the pages out.

You carried them in your outstretched palms, stopping at Hunter's door.

You kicked it and stood back.

Moments passed before Hunter opened the door, distraught.

"y/n! You're alive! Thank the Titan! What are you-?"

"Truth be no more," you said, sending the pages up in black flames.

Hunter's eyes widened as the pages smouldered to ash in your palms.

"W-what was that?" he stammered, a hint of fear in his eyes.

"The only records of my magic." you shrugged. "LIES. But now they're gone and I can find a more... truthful truth... about who I am."

"What happened to you?" he whispered.

You tossed the ashes into the air like confetti.

"I experienced loss. And discovered my coping method." 

He gasped. "Y-you mean, you mean Corvus? y/n I'm so sorry-!"

He tried to pull you into a hug put you gently pushed him away.

"Yeah, Corvus has gone to The Spirit In The Sky." 

You turned to walk away, but he grabbed your wrist.

"What's going on with you? You've not been seen for almost two days! Why are you acting like this... you're not yourself."

You spun around, prying his hand off you. "I'm perfect, thanks. I'm just... preoccupied. As for the disappearance, I feel quite entitled."

You gave him a steely grin and nodded, trying to walk away once again.

To your surprise, Hunter shouted. "Talk to me! You- you're scaring me! P-please-?"

You snapped out of the clouds for a moment. 

"Not now, Hunter. I have a lot to figure out, and you can't help me." you whispered, before reverting back to your hazy dream.

You clapped your hands together, smiling. "Well! That concludes our little talk!"

And you trotted away, ignoring Hunter's anguish as tears stained his cheeks.

I've dug two graves for us, my dear.
Can't pretend that I was perfect, leavin' you in fear.

YOOO, what a chapter-

My main goal for this chapter was to include as many bits of songs as I could....

IF YOU CAN NAME EVERY ONE OF THEM THEN YOU GET A SPECIAL MENTION IN THE NEXT CHAP AND A SNEAK PREVIEW OF WHATS TO COME IN THIS FIC!!!! (GOOD LUCK, THEY'RE QUITE HARD!!)

WHERE TO FIND HINTS; SEARCH UP 'I'VE DUG TWO GRAVES FOR US' ON SPOTIFY, THERE IS A CERTAIN PLAYLIST THAT CONTAINS ALL THE SONGS MENTIONED BAR ONE (NOTE; THEY ARE MIXED AMONGST OTHER SONGS)

byyeeee!!!!

also, my nose is DEAD! cos basically, me and my team were DOMINATING basketball (we won 4/5 games) but at one point someone smashed the basketball against my face!!! it didn't bleed- my nose doesn't- but it's all red and purple XDDDD