Chapter 2- The Mage of Mischief

Corvus flew above you as you followed the Golden Guard to the palace.

At one point on your walk, you had to lunge at the Guard, shoving him out the way as a plant pot narrowly missed his head.

"What was that for??" he spun around, pushing you off him.

"Uh... yeah, I'm like, reeaally unlucky. Things like that happen to me a lot." you said, brushing yourself off.

He sighed.

The palace stood in front of you, large and impending; as if it would crush you at any second.

You continued to follow the Golden Guard through endless corridors, tapestries plain and uninteresting.

Finally, you arrived at the 'throne room'.

He pushed the double doors open, and indicated for you to walk in.

Nervously, you edged in.

He gently nudged your back with his staff; urging you to move.

"I've completed my mission, Emperor, here she is." The Golden Guard said, his voice raised slightly to contend with the enormous space.

Belos stood, inspecting you.

"Well done." Belos replied. "You are dismissed until further notice."

The Golden Guard nodded and turned on his heel, closing the large doors behind him with a large thud.

"Y/n. Never in my life did I expect to meet a being like you." Belos said, walking down the stairs towards you.

"Um, being like me...? I, uh, I was under the impression that-" you started.

"You don't know who you are, do you, child?" He bellowed.

You shook your head nervously.

He spread his arms towards you.

"You are the Mage of Mischief! You have a magic within you that the very fabric of this world tries to prevent! Ever wondered why you're so unlucky?" He laughed.

Your eyes widened. 

Three sentences, and your mind was blown.

You looked down at your hands.

They were trembling slightly.

"What do you mean, tries to prevent?" You mumbled.

"This world is constantly changing, two sides always battling, forever. Wether it be the sun and moon, the land and sea, or life and death. Your magic completely disobeys that divide." He explained.

"That's... crazy. How-? Like, I'm just some random person? How...?" You trailed off, your eyes still wide with disbelief.

"I doubted you existed, actually. Those who know the legend, believe you're a myth. Yet, here you stand. A child." 

"So what do you want with me?" You aksed.

"I was hoping you would join the coven-" he began.

You fainted. 

You were way to overwhelmed, and it was a perfectly unlucky thing to happen to you at that moment.

Damn it.

Your eyes flickered open, and you immediately relaxed.

You were lying packed into a comfortable bed, a fire crackling away in the corner of the room.