Chapter 9- Back In Black

TW: little bit more vomit, mentions of blood.

You lay over the side of your bed, groaning.

Corvus crouched next to you on the bed, and you could sense his disgust.

After Hunter had exited, your stomach had proceeded to empty itself of all it contained.

You didn't care about how stained the flagstones would be, and how much the maid would complain and gag at the amount of foody fluid that was smattered on the floor.

You just needed it out of your system.

As you held your hair back, you felt Corvus' little claws clamp around your bundle of hair.

Between pukes, you coughed, "Geez, thanks buddy."

"I'm back! I- oh... ohhh..." Hunter said, before gagging at the putrid sight and smell.

You waved backwards, Corvus chirping in greeting.

You had your head on the opposite of the bed from the door, so Hunter carefully clambered onto it, carrying with him a plate of various seeded and non-seeded breads.

Setting them aside, he began rubbing circles in your back.

You blushed.

"D'you think you can eat?" he asked softly, handing you a handkerchief he had found.

Gratefully, you cleaned your mouth with it, pushing yourself to sit upright.

You swayed for a bit, with the fear you'd have to be sick again; but it thankfully never came.

Smiling, he gently placed a small loaf of bread in your hand.

"This is what the nurses gave me when I was sick. I know I would've been sick with a stomach bug- not alcohol- but maybe it'll have the same effect?" he said.

You took a bite. "Mmmm...."

It was spicy, but sweet, it had the perfect balance. Not too much of either taste.

The texture itself was firm on the outside, like a shell, but fluffy and doughy like clouds inside.

You grinned, eating more.

"Bloody good-!" you exclaimed.

He nodded triumphantly, before looking back to the tray of pastries, selecting one for himself.

You ate in silence, focusing on the brilliant bursts of taste in the assortment of bread.

Seemed silly, bread, being so indulgent.

After you were both finished, and the maid had been called in to dispose of the... unmentionable product of illness... you ordered Hunter to go clean himself up, whilst you did the same.

You ran a bath, whilst attempting to read a book about precious metals on the boiling isles.

"Bi- bio-loo-me-ne-scant? Biolumin- bioluminescent! In the caves to the north of the... island... bioluminescent amazonite can be... found deep... within!! Ha-ha!" you read with pride.

Seeing as your bath was ready, you slipped in, relaxing in the warmth.

After you had finished, you drained the tub and dried off, dressing in the only untouched clothes you could find.

The rest of your garments had been covered in your vomit as you were not a particularly tidy person and found it easier to just discard them across the floor.

The clothing that had remained safely in your wardrobe were a black shirt and dark riding trousers.

"I look like I'm off to a funeral! There's not a single non-monochrome colour on me!!" you complained to Corvus.