Adrenaline

Alex smiles at the crowd, playing through the song, introducing themselves, cracking jokes with Mark.

They play through their entire EP and the entire time, Alex is staring at this really cute guy right there at the barricade. He can't help it.
The lights hit his face and Alex looked at just the right time, and boom. He was hooked.

After the show, he and Mark agree to go outside and meet people. Something they try to not do in California. People can get crazy there.
Somehow in the places they go the least, people are more respectful.

He looks around for the pretty boy, hoping like hell he gets to actually see him.
He smiles as he takes photos with a few people, signing things, handing out guitar picks that he has on him. He saves a couple, hoping to give one to that pretty boy if he actually shows up.

"Who are you looking for?" Mark mutters into his ear the second he gets a break.
Alex blushes a little, embarrassed that he'd caught on, "Cute guy at the barricade." He whispers back.

"You trying to bring someone back to the hotel?" Mark raises a questioning eyebrow.
Alex rolls his eyes, "No. I'm not that easy and emotionally damaged."
Mark scoffs, "You're so full of shit Gaskarth."

The trio leaves the venue, gushing over how incredible the show was.

"Lead singer has a hard on for you huh, JB?" Soup nudges him and cackles.

"Oh suck me." He rolls his eyes but can't wipe a smile off his face.

"No seriously he kept looking at you!" Laura chimes in as they raid the merch table each getting an 'american trash pop' shirt.

"Oh but you're a soon to be married mann! One who is soooo in love that he eye-fucks tourists! Totally would hate to get with a cute musician!" Soup groans and Jack smacks her arm.

"You're a cunt." He pulls his new shirt on, replacing his old one that's coated in sweat.

"God not the last time that man will be all over your chest." She says and he's nearly ready to kill her.

"Guys! Shut up shut up!" Laura interrupts and gasps as she sees the band standing outside the venue.

"Luck day, JB?" Soup smirks.

"What color flowers do you want at your funeral?" He shoots back as Laura grabs them both by the elbows and pulls them over to Mark.

"You guys did amazing tonight!" She beams as her two once rowdy friends are stunned to silence. "Seriously so glad you decided to tour here, I've been a fan for a while. Like of blink and creatures of course. You're a huge inspiration to me."

Alex smiles at Laura, "Hey! Thank you!" He says, holding out his arms for a hug. He gives her the hug and hands her a pick, "Here, for you." He says contently, but he can't stop glancing at Jack.

He gives Soup a hug and a pick too, but his focus is elsewhere.
Mark takes over for Alex, talking to the girls for him.

Alex smiles at Jack, purposely stepping closer to him, "Hey, nice shirt." He says with a little smirk, "I noticed you weren't really singing along, you new to our band?" He asks, trying to break the ice any way he possibly can.
Truth is, he's about as awkward as the next guy.
He's just an awkward guy with media training, therein lies the difference.

Jack raises an eyebrow as Alex starts talking to him. "Yeah, my friends really wanted to go. I mean you guys are awesome don't get me wrong but this was the product of me learning all the lyrics in a week." He admits, wondering how Alex noticed that. Either he was ridiculously obvious or he really was looking at him this whole time.