Rough Road Ahead

*The Next Morning*

*Roi's POV*

I wake up more tired than usual because of what happened to Alex last night. I never thought it was that bad for him. Actually, I never had asked him about what happened. I know it's too early to ask, but I have to know so I can help him get through this.

Roi: Hey babe. Wake up.

Alex: *yawns* Good morning, babe.

Roi: Good morning. *kiss*

Alex: Wanna go eat?

Roi: Sure.

So I cook some eggs and bacon for breakfast. I also cooked rice because everything goes good with rice. As we're eating, I noticed that it was very quiet so I decided to break it.

Roi: Hey.

Alex: Yeah?

Roi: You okay?

Alex: Yeah...Well...Not really.

Roi: You wanna talk about it?

Alex: No. I don't wanna talk about it right now.

Roi: Ok. But can you tell me what happened last night?

Alex: Ok. I was dreaming you holding me like you did last night. Then, I didn't feel your arm anymore, and instead I felt someone else grab me. It was one of the kidnappers and he was trying to knock me out with chloroform. At the same time, I saw you with the other guy, and you were trying to get out of his grasp to save me. And then... then... *cries* he pulled out a knife, and ... stabbed you. And as they dragged me away I could see you bleeding, and I felt so hopeless because I couldn't help you. And then, the other guy came to me and did the same.

I was shocked, and I felt my body go cold. I never really thought that it could be this bad for him. But I guess I couldn't know because he never told me.

Roi: I-I don't know what to say. Babe, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But don't worry, I'll be with you the entire time. okay?

Alex: Okay.

(time jump to that night cause I'm too lazy to write something)

After seeing our families to show that Alex was alright, we went back home and had dinner. Then to bed we went again, and the same thing happened. As Alex started to scream, I went to hug him, but then he accidentally punched me in the face.

Roi: OW!!

Alex: Huh!? Oh my god! Roi! Babe, are you alright?

Roi: Yeah. I'm fine.

Alex: This is all my fault. I think we need to stay away from each other for tonight.

Roi: What!? No! Alex, I just got you back, don't do this to me! I promised that we will go through this together.

Alex: I know, but I don't want to hurt you too.

Roi: I know you don't want to, but it's for the best, okay?

Alex: Ok. Can we go to sleep now?

Roi: Yeah. Come here.

As we begin to go to sleep, I hear Alex start to whimper. I start to comfort him, and he begins to calm down. Oh boy this is gonna be rough.

*5 hours later*

*Alex's POV*

I woke up and was sweating like crazy. I had another nightmare, but Roi wasn't there this time. He left to go get something, and I went back to sleep. Not a very good idea. Ugh... I can't keep living like this. I hurt Roi, my husband, for crying out loud! I know that he said we'd go through this together, but I can't risk hurting him again. So I decided that I should go somewhere he wouldn't know where to find me. Can't stay in LA, go to North Carolina or Montana. Hmm.. I think I'll go up north, maybe San Francisco. Yeah that's what I'll do.

After packing up a bag with clothes and all the amenities I need, I left a note on our bed:

Dear Roi,

I know you said we'd get through this together, but I can't risk hurting you again. I don't want to keep you up all night taking care of me like I'm some little baby, and I don't want you to keep stressing about me. So I'm leaving for a while. I don't know when I will be back, but I'll miss you so much. I love you.

- Alex

I cried while I wrote it. I quickly wiped my tears as I left our house and took a taxi to the airport. I kept telling myself...

"You're doing the right thing. You can't keep doing this to Roi. Don't think about going back. Think about how much better Roi will get."

This is the right thing. Isn't it?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Guess who's back! I missed you guys so much. Also it's my birthday today! :)

Thanks for waiting for me to get back and hopefully I didn't keep you waiting.

Sorry this chapter is short, but I had no time to write it. I hope I could add a little drama, and a cliffhanger. Don't worry I'll only have Alex be gone for like a chapter or two, but he'll be back. I might put his POV during the kidnapping in the next one.

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed it and, as always, keep reading. MKayBye!