Twelve

Katherine met up with Emma. Katherine then smiled a little before she said.
"Thanks for doing that for me Emma."
As she said it she waved the phone a little. Emma regretted doing it but she knew it would annoy Elena and it would get back at Damon and Elena for cheating on Emma and Stefan so it was like revenge.
"It's okay Kath"
Emma said with a smile. Rebekah walked over to them and hugged Emma
"Klaus told me"
Rebekah said looking at Emma. Emma forced a little smile and she hugged Rebekah again.

Two weeks later Katherine has left and no-one knows where she went. Damon, Stefan and Emma are friends still.

Emma walks into the Salvatore house and gives Stefan and Damon the letter that she had received. Damon and Stefan looked at each other before they opened the letter. Damon and Stefan looked up at Emma and hugged her. Emma had tears in her eyes.
"I can't believe them"
Stefan said clearly getting angry. Damon looked at the letter once more before turning to the fire and back at Emma. Emma knew what Damon wanted to do and she nodded her head and with that Damon threw the letter into the fire. The letter said
"Dear Emma,
I am a coward. I should be saying this to your face, not writing this letter, but I know if I do, you'll be angry with me and you'll do something you will end up regretting. Emma please forgive me for what I am about to say and remember that you are an amazing woman, a mediocre crossword puzzle player, and one of my favourite people. I am sorry to say this but I think that you should hear it in this letter before you hear it from somewhere else. Me and Caroline. We slept together. And now we're sort of dating. Emma remember I am so sorry and I never want to hurt you. Rebekah misses you. You need to come by the house sometime love.
From Klaus"
Klaus and Caroline two people Emma thought that she could've trusted had slept together. Caroline burst through the door with Elena and Bonnie and they were smiling and laughing with each other. They all glanced at Emma and gave her a dirty look before they rushed off up the stairs. Damon rolled his eyes and followed them. Emma looked up at Stefan and she hugged him. The next morning, Emma is lying on her bed until her phone rings and she picks it up.
"Good morning."
Emma said
"That was throughly unconvincing. What are you up to?"
Rebekah said through the phone
"Oh, you know, just motivating."
"Translation - you are still in bed, moping about Klaus."
"Guilty as charged."
"You want to grab breakfast?"
Rebekah says as she opens the door to the Salvatore house.
"Fine. Breakfast in bed it is. How do you like your eggs?"
Rebekah added. Emma smiled a little to herself before she hung up on Rebekah and walked down the stairs. When she saw Rebekah she ran over to her and hugged her. Emma hadn't seen Rebekah in two weeks. Rebekah smiled at Emma before saying
"Caroline and Klaus broke up because Klaus told Caroline he loves you"
Emma smiled and she looked at Rebekah. Rebekah looked at the huge smile on Emma's face and then Emma tried to stop smiling but she couldn't. Rebekah grabbed Emma's arm and she vamp-sped them both to the Mikaelson house. Klaus was already stood at the bottom of the staircase waiting. Emma and Klaus ran to each other and they hugged. Rebekah smiled. Klaus grabbed Emma's face and kissed her. Klaus, Emma and Rebekah went back to the Salvatore house together. They all went to Emma's room. Elena bursted in and grabbed Emma's arm and pulled her into Emma's bathroom.
"God Emma. Why are you so selfish. You're dating Klaus? You broke Klaus and Caroline up. Now I have to comfort Caroline. I've dated a guy like Klaus before and it's not fun. Go ahead and ruin your life. You've been doing it for a while might as well as date a psychopath and ruin your life more."
Elena shouted at Emma. Emma looked at Elena a little shocked before saying
"Elena why are you making this about you? Someone finally put me over you, my well-being, my feelings, my safety before you. For once in your life why can't you let me be happy? Why do you have to make it all about you?"
"I'm not making it about me! I'm just saying everytime something goes wrong I have to be there to help people though things-"
Before Elena could finish her sentence Emma bursted out laughing
"You help people? I don't know what's funnier. The thought of you helping someone other than yourself or the fact you think that you don't make everything about yourself"
Emma said trying to stop herself laughing. Elena rolled her eyes then pushed past Emma and she left. Emma walked over to Rebekah and Klaus and they laughed together. Klaus and Rebekah had heard the whole conversation.