Six

Finally Stefan and Klaus were back but Stefan wouldn't be released from Klaus's compulsion until Mikael (Klaus's father) was dead. Tonight it was the homecoming dance. Rebekah was getting ready and Emma walked in and stood behind her.
"Getting a head start, huh?"
Emma said smiling at Rebekah
"Embarrassing truth? This is my first high school dance."
Rebekah said which had shocked Emma
"Ever?"
"I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around, running. Anyway- I didn't want to leave anything to chance"
"But I'm sure that when he returns he'll do it with flair."
"And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?"
"Yes."
"Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just- I want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael"
"I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town."
"Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person and he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can."
"Are you okay?"
"I've spent my whole life loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I'd be the one to help drive a stake through his heart. No tears- I don't want to ruin my makeup.How do I look?"
" You look amazing! But you're missing one thing."
Emma takes a necklace out of her pocket
"My mother's necklace."
"You should wear it tonight. May I?"
"Thank you."
Emma put the Necklace onto Rebekah and they hugged. Finally Rebekah had someone she could fully trust to not betray her. There's a rock band playing in the garden; everyone from the school is there; Caroline enters the house with Bonnie.
"How did he plan a better party than me so fast? What? Is that a band outside?"
Caroline said looking at Bonnie
"Who are all these people?"
Bonnie said as she looked around
"This is weird! Where is Tyler?"
Caroline said trying to find Tyler
"Hey Stefan! What's up?"
Tyler said smiling at Stefan
"Hey Tyler. Nice party you've got going on"
Stefan said with a smile
"Thanks, but I'm not the one throwing it. I'm just doing what Klaus wants."
"What do you mean?"
"It's not a party, man. It's a wake."
Klaus entering the stage; the crowd cheers.
"Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!"
Emma and Matt walk in together because Elena had forced her to go with Matt but the Salvatore's made Emma look a little like Elena so there plan they made without Emma would work
"So much for Homecoming..."
Emma said looking around
"This is weird! Us being here together..."
Matt said smiling
"There's Caroline. She doesn't know anything. Act normal."
Emma said as Caroline walked over to them
"Hey...Klaus is here."
Caroline said looking at Matt and Emma
"What?"
Matt said sounding confused
"Yeah! Apparently our sired hybrid-friend Tyler thought it would be okay to let his master throw a party! I expected more surprise!"
"I've learned not to be surprised by anything Klaus does. I'm gonna go find Bonnie."
Emma said as she walked away from Caroline and Matt
"What's going on? And what are you two doing here together? Thought you were supposed to be here with Rebekah."
Caroline said confused
"Plan's changed. I need a drink."
Matt said walking away. Rebekah was with Damon and Stefan and they didn't allow her to leave
"Quite the Homecoming."
Stefan said looking at Klaus
"I've been planning my father's funeral for a thousand years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited, but you get the idea."
Klaus said looking at Stefan as they walked around the house.
"So, what now? Stop running?"
"Hm- now I reunite my family."
"Your family. You mean the people you cart around in caskets?"
"None of that matters anymore. Mikael is gone. Bygones will be bygones. Seems the Homecoming Queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here...Where is she?"
"I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt."
"Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where is my sister?"
"I said I have no idea. How would you like me to take you to your father?"
"Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it? Bring him to me."
"All right. Perhaps there's something in it for me...? My freedom from your compulsion?"
" Oh, you want your freedom. Well, once he is dead and his weapon destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back."
Klaus said with a smile
"My mom would seriously freak if she saw all these people here."
Tyler said as he stood next to klaus
"Your mother won't be a problem: I compelled her to go to church and pray for your friends"
Klaus said smiling a little
"What are you talking about?"
"I want you to look around. There is Bonnie, there is Elena and Matt and there's your pretty little girlfriend Caroline. Epic dance was wrecked tonight and who came through with the party? You did. What a pal. But who are all these other people here?"
"I have no idea. I've never seen half these people in my life."
"That's because I've invited a few dozen friends of my own. That's my friend Mindy...picked her up along the way in Kansas. Did you know that there's an entire bloodline of werewolves in the heartland? That's Tony from North Dakota and let's not forget the Seattle contingent."
"Are those people all hybrids?"
"Well, they also love a good party. And they, like you, were sired by me. They wish to serve their master. So if anyone should so much as make a move against me, they may feel obligated to retaliate. You're free to warn your friends."
Tyler walks away and Klaus walks up to Emma disguised as Elena.
"Where's your date?"
Klaus said looking at her
"Getting me a drink."
Emma said trying to sound like Elena
Klaus offers her his drink. She rejects it.
"Well, seems I have you to thank for Mikael's demise."
"He came at me. I didn't have a choice."
"Still I'm impressed. It's not easy for a human to dagger an Original. You seem nervous.l"
"I'm not nervous. I just don't like you."
"Let's get straight to the point then, shall I, love? People have been after me for 1000 years. And I am always one step ahead. So whatever it is you're thinking of trying, go for it, give it your best shot. You won't succeed."
"You have a visitor."
Said a girl walking over to Klaus. Klaus smiled at the girl before saying.
"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here."
"He said his name is Mikael."
Klaus looks disappointed and throws the ping pong ball into a cup.
"Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad. Tony, you know what to do"
Klaus goes to the front door, Mikael is at the doorway.
" Hello, Niklaus."
"Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot you can't."
"Or you can come outside if you want."
" Or I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."
A group of hybrids gather behind Mikael on the lawn.
"They can't kill me."
"True. But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together and they'll pounce."
"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me."
Mindy walks up behind Mikael and pushes Emma to Mikael.
"Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies."
"Go ahead. Kill her."
"No, Klaus. He'll do it."
"If she dies, this lot will be last of your abominations"
"I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you."
"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever, with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you any more, boy! What do you have other than those whose loyalty you forced? No one. No one."
"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her."
"Come outside and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to."
"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. Come on, old man. Kill her. Kill her!!!"
Mikael laughs
" Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great
Mikael stabs Emma with a dagger and pulls it out. She falls to the floor. Mikael laughs as Klaus looks on shocked. Damon rushes up behind Klaus, twists him around and stabs the White Oak Tree dagger into his stomach. Emma gets up from the floor.
"Emma. Elena's twin"
" Kaboom."
Emma said smiling. Emma has two wolfsbane grenades in her hands and throws them at the hybrids. Meanwhile, Damon is about to stake Klaus, when Stefan knocks him off of Klaus and holds him down. The stake is on the floor.
"What are you doing?"
Damon said looking at Stefan
Klaus takes the stake jumps at Mikael and drives it through Mikael's heart; he bursts into flames and dies.
"What the hell did you do?"
"He's earned his freedom."