→ 11

Sonder

Sonder.

A rare phenomenon when someone experiences the profound feeling of realisation that everyone has a life as complex as one's own, which they're constantly living despite one's personal awareness of it.

A whole life of their own, so completely different from the person next to you.

That's what Jisung was experiencing as he sat with his feet hanging off the edge of the building. Feet swaying slightly as he looked down at the people.

Watching the people walk past, some heading home to go see their family and pet their animals, some heading to a restaurant to have drinks with their work colleagues. Some are students walking back from the library or from hanging out with their friends to go eat dinner.

Jisung was an observer, always was since he never really had friends. He was left in solitude in most cases and never really explored out side of his comfort zone.

That's why when he puts on the mask he becomes someone completely different- witty and confident, humorous and known to all- a complete juxtaposition to the awkward, nerdy boy with only one friend.

At the thought of said friend, Jisung reaches into the bag next to him and pulls out his phone. Fingers hovering over her contact as he thought about her words from last week.

"Do you recon you could help me with my math homework?"

It'd only be for a few week she said and there hasn't been much an abundance of crime recently. The streets of New York being pretty safe and he could always go on patrol after their lessons and so Jisung taps on her contact.

Minjae Adams

I've done some thinking
I can tutor you

It wasn't long before she entered the chat, those three little dots hovering over her corner of the chat and Jisungs eyes widened at how fast she entered.

OMG REALLY?!
You're a life saver Jisung!
Mum was looking at summer school programs at dinner today
It was scary

Oh
That's not good

What days are you free?

I uh should be free Wednesdays

Wednesdays?
Wednesdays are good:)
OH
I need to make it up to you!

Oh no it's okay you don't
have to make it up to me 😊

Mmmm
You sure?

Yeah I'm sure
Dw about it

Okayyyy
I guess I'll see you at school then!

Yeah ahaha
See you

Jisung placed his phone by his side, head tilted up as he inhaled the city air. The faint brush of a smile grazing his lips subconsciously as he thought about what would happen at tutoring.

Eye brows furrowing as he fought himself over thinking the whole situation. Obviously there'd just be tutoring, what else was meant to happen??

His mind began to race, fingers coming up to flatten his side burns but failing due to the barrier that was his mask as he over thought.

What if she doesn't like the way I teach. What if I just forget math! What if... oh god what if we have to study at her house.

His eyes widened as he could start to feel himself get clammy because not only was he thinking about being in the house of his first ever friend- he'd be in a girls room.

And while he shouldn't be over thinking and scared of any room, the idea of it just being alone with her freaks him out a little.

A shiver racks through his whole body, hands coming up to his chest as he shifted slightly closer to the edge.

He exhaled as he rid the thought from his mind. Head tilting back as he fell backwards towards the floor of the buildings rooftop.

The dark blue light polluted sky reached far above the horizon as he put his hands behind his head- watching a single plane fly past as he once again got lost in thought.