→1

New York, the metropolis of modern day society

New York, the metropolis of modern day society. A shimmering city of skyscrapers, illuminated by a billion lights that echo that of the nights sky- stars within the buildings that you cannot find in the vast canvas of the light polluted stratos blue horizon.

Bustling streets filled with entrepreneurs, ne'er-do-wells and vegabonds.

New York was something of a social city; socialites holding events, broadway filled with thespians and lovers of all things art, Central Park home to buskers- there was always a sight to see. And while people talked, the walls of the city held their secrets like a spiderweb.

4pm, the streets where always particularly busy at this time of day. Businessmen and women with their briefcases and suits speed-walking down the streets, school students messing around on their journey back home, parents holding the hands of their young children.

4pm was a time where the streets filled with different people and turned to life. Tourists out and about, walking amongst those of the residents- Jisung loved it.

Watching from afar at the array of people walking the concrete paths. Sonder in thought as he imagines what they're walking to, talking to.

A sandwich in hand that he hand not eaten at lunch. Locked away in his locker as he was scared someone would steal the delectable item of food his mother had made- wouldn't be the first.

Bringing the sandwich up to his lips, he took his first bite. Eyes closing momentarily at the flavours that burst in his mouth, instantly soothing his stomach that had been hurting from the lack of food.

Eyes following the crumbs that fell off of the sandwich and towards the ground above him.

Watching as they disappeared into thin air the closer they got to the streets, people below paying no attention to the small pieces of bread that had just fallen on them.

Jisung absentmindedly watched the people above him as he continued to eat, the sound of his phone ringing making him jump in alert.

Pulling out his phone from his backpack and holding it up to his ear he mumbled out a "hello?" with a mouth full of sandwich.

"Hey Ji," at the sound of his voice, Jisung automatically knew it was his brother, Jihun.
"Finished with school?"

Swallowing down a large lump made his eyes squeeze shut and clear his voice as he felt it go down.
"Y-yeah, why's that?"

"Did you seriously forget again? You're supposed to come down to the laboratory, remember?" His brother stated making Jisungs eyes widen.

At the sound of the boy letting out a quiet "oh shit" Jihun chuckled.
"I'm coming now! Don't worry I-I'll be there soon," Jisung hurriedly mumbled out as he began to look around for the building.