→ 14

"So you're coming over this Wednesday, right?" Minjae asked, body still adorned in his uniform as she ate away at her food

Jisung began to choke on his food, forcefully clearing his throat as he nodded his head- having forgotten completely about his agreement to tutor her.

"Perfect!" Her eyes lit up, "my parents aren't home so it won't be awkward."

"O-oh, Okay... sweet," he mumbled out, shoving the rest of his sandwich down his throat so he didn't have to talk.

Minjaes gaze stayed on him for a second longer before she shrugged and continued on eating.
"How was chem?"

Jisung looked up at her and tried swallowing the big lump of sandwich down his throat. Wincing a little at the uncomfortable feeling of it sliding down.
"Good-" he croaked, "it was good. How was uh, sports?"

"Tiring. We were playing volleyball and it was difficult moving in the uniform," her voice sounded exasperated as she hunched over, eyes drifting down slightly before bouncing back up with wide eyes, "I still appreciate you letting me use your uniform though! I'll definitely take it home to give it a wash. It's definitely a bit smelly now," she rubbed up and down her arm in embarrassment.

The corner of Jisungs lips drew up slightly as he watched her. "It's fine, I don't have sports until Friday so I'll just pick it up Wednesday," he gave her a comforting smile and she nodded bashfully.

The two fell into a silence, both eating away at their lunches and Jisung couldn't help but feel content. Finally getting used to having company while he ate and for once his shoulders weren't stiff.

Although he still couldn't help the flutter of his heart every time she was near. He had never had a crush before, he also hadn't had a friend before, so there was a slight confusion between which line she sat on.

But either was he was content. Their silence's were starting to feel a little less awkward.

"Did you see on the news that Spiderman stopped another robbery," she mentioned and Jisungs breath hitched in his throat.
"The video footage was so cool. I wish I had powers like that. If you could have any super power, what would it be?" her eyes were wide in curiosity as she stared at him eagerly.

Jisung hummed, trying to make up something. "Maybe invisibility?" He almost questioned himself.
This question was almost funny to him as he, himself, actually had powers. But he thought that if he were to make a suit, invisibility would be a cool feature to add to it.

"Oooooo, that's a good one. I think I'd do like teleportation or like telekinesis. Or maybe have a super suit like Iron Man, that'd be sick."

Besides Spiderman, Iron man was the only other superhero to roam New York. But unlike Jisung, a broke high school student, the man behind the mask was a billionaire Philanthropist.
And the world loved him as he stayed present on the main new channels and everyone's twitter feed.

Jisung began to bite at the inside of his cheek, curiosity bubbling inside of him as he watched her look out into the cafeteria.
"What.. do you think of spiderman?"
He almost doubled in on himself as he awaits her answer, scared almost of her response she had yet to give.

Slouching slightly and humming in thought, she looked back over to the boy with a serious look and Jisung gulped.

"I think what he's doing is good. Iron man often doesn't handle the small things like robberies and fights but Spiderman does. He seems very down to earth but I can't really comment on his personality because I haven't seen him in person.
He doesn't seem too old though... who do you recon he is? Do you recon he goes to Uni or like just has a normal job?"
She began to subconsciously lean closer to him as she spoke, eyes wide with wonder and he felt the skin on his palms begin to dampen with sweat.

Fucks sake Jisung, you shouldn't have asked that damn question.

But despite becoming increasingly anxious at her questions , he also felt a sense of relief by her answer. She didn't hate him.

"I uh, don't know. I think I'd need to see him in person before I form an opinion. But idk he seems cool on screen," he shrugs it off, nervously taking a bite of his sandwich.

Minjae's eyebrows furrowed as she looked off in thought. "Huh" Jisung looked up at her. "Didnt you say you had seen him a few times already?"

Jisung hesitated mid chew, eyes flickering between hers before speeding up and swallowing.
"I uh- I meant that like I had seen him from far away and that I need to like uh see him up close before uh... yeah."

Minjae looked at him incredulously. "Righhhhhht..."
She didn't fully believe him, but she found that him becoming a stuttering mess made the corner of her lip rise ever so slightly.
"Anyways, I'm going to go toilet before next class. So, I'll uh see you around Sung."

Jisung kept his eyes trained on her as she left the premises- his head hitting the table once she was out of eye sight and he kept hitting his head on the table.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why cant you just act normal?" He groaned, embarrassed at himself since he's never had a problem before hiding his secret.

But the more time he spends with Minjae, the more he finds himself slipping up.

The buzz of his phone in his pocket alarmed him- pulling it out, he looked at the lit up screen showing a message from his mum and his fingers began to tighten around the device.
A sickening feeling grew in his stomach and he felt his blood begin to bubble.

Mum

Hey sweetie, just wanted to let you know that Doyoung is awake. Maybe you should go visit him xx

 Maybe you should go visit him xx