There She Is

Robert

My entire adult life has come down to this moment. When Jameson's father first hired me he was a mere boy. Five years old, and I was twenty-two; it's been a little over two decades, which means it's past time for this shit to be over. I love Jameson like he's my own, but that doesn't mean I do not want my children.

I watch as the gates to the Kelly estate open for me. My eyes glance over to Oisin, who, despite being in a dangerous situation, seems confident. 

"Speak as little as possible. Do you understand?" I say to the young boy. 

"You are in love with my step sister, Isabella. Are you going to take this opportunity to take her with you?" I let out a dry chuckle. "She's kind, and loving. Everything her father is not. If you make it out of this please promise me you will take her away from this place." 

"She's young," is the only answer I give as a set of guard hold up there hand when I drive through the gates. Rolling down my window, I smile at the men. "Hey boys, your boss is expecting me. Tell him that Robbie is here and he's brought the rabbit." Both men give me a curt nod before turning and calling the old Kelly. Seconds later I'm being waved forward. 

"I've got a plan, but I know you have one swimming in that young head of yours." I say to Oisin. "Don't tell me what it is. If I'm just as surprised as everyone else, then it will give nothing away." Oisin nods while wringing his hands together.

I stop the car and get out, Oisin following. Immediately a guard is beside him, cuffing his hands in front of his body. The action has the young boy damn near shaking out of his clothes. But when he glances in my direction, I see a determination that I'd never seen in anyone before. He's pretending, acting, giving a good show and it gives me more confidence about this whole mess. 

The guards usher us into the house and through the foyer. Soon we are walking up to what I know to be Don Kelly's office. I've never called the man by his first name. We don't fuck with each other on that level. It's purely business. Oisin pops his neck from side to side beside me before the doors to the office are open and we walk in. 

Don Kelly is leaning against the front of his desk. His eyes are transfixed on Oisin, and nothing else. You wouldn't even think that me or the two guards were with him. The old man only has eyes for the boy he raised like a son. But the look in his eyes makes me sick, and when he licks his old dry lips, I swear I fight the urge to throw up. 

"You've been a very bad lass, Oisin." Don Kelly's voice hold his thick Irish accent, with a rasp that comes from years of smoking. "I'll have to tend to you later about that." His eyes then turn to me and they go even darker. "Robbie. Robbie. Robbie." Don Kelly says with a tsk before letting out a low whistle. He stands and snaps his fingers. The side door to his office opens and a woman is shoved inside. Her fire red hair is matted to her head, her blue eyes are rimmed red, her clothes are ripped exposing her breast. And in-between her thighs is streaked with red. When she looks up at me, I go rigid. 

Isabella. My Isabella. 

"How long have you been working for me, Robbie?" Don Kelly says as he walks over to Isabella. I swallow thickly. Clearing my throat, I answer.

"Over twenty years boss." I say in the calmest voice I could muster.

"Twenty years, and still,  that Jameson boy is alive. Not only that, he's now the boyfriend to the new leader of the Russian Mafia. An adopted little black lass, who has more pull than I gave her credit for. She has been messing with my shipment, turning my men against me, outright destroying my kingdom!" The old fuck is seething at this point as he stares down at his biological daughter like she's scum. "That whore took my boys from me and left me with this," He flicks his hand toward Oisin. "and that just will not do. So.." I watch in horror as he pulls Isabella off the ground by her hair before placing a blade at her throat. 

"NO!" I roar as I take a menacing step forward. 

"Yes!" Don Kelly sneers back. "You think I had no clue you wanted to fuck my young daughter?! You think I was dumb enough to believe every lie you told when it came time to kill that boy?! I knew it all, I just bought my time, you fool! Now...you're going to turn and shoot Oisin Kelly in the head, or I'll slit Isabella's throat! And she'll never be able to suck your cock!" 

Fuck. 

I turn to Oisin who doesn't look the least bit afraid. Whatever the fuck his plan is, I need the young man to do it now. I give him a look that I know he reads and to my surprise he smiles. 

"You can't kill me." Oisin says in a voice so soft it's almost a whisper. 

"What the fuck ya say lass?" Don Kelly sneers. 

"I said, you can't kill me. I've been dead for years. Hollowed out by the beating, the rape, the starvation, all of it. I was a dead man standing upright. Until..." Oisin glances at me as the cuffs drop to the floor. Everyone stills.  "Until Madison, Reece, Kylen and Jameson took me in, and loved me back to life. They undid what you did to me in a matter of days. So, like I said. You can't kill me, I'm a fucking ghost." And quick as lightening, Oisin turned and stabbed the guard behind him in the neck. I turned just in time to see Don Kelly slide the blade of his knife across Isabella's neck. The blood was instant, and so was my reaction. I drew my pistol and shot the old Kelly fuck square in his smug ass face. He and his daughter slumped to the floor immediately. 

"Isabella! Isabella!" I cry out in agony as I go to her. My mouth gapes open when I realize her eyes are open, her hand is to her cut throat, and she's opening and closing her mouth. 

She's alive!

Gun fire rings out from different areas of the house and I have a feeling Madison put more thought into this plan than anybody. I look up to see Oisin shoot the remaining guard before looking down at me and Isabella. 

"You two have to go! Kylen can help her! Go! Go!" He says and I don't waste any time. I pick up the woman I love and rushed to the side door that I know leads to a secret exit. 

"What about you son!? Your lovers will kill me if I don't come back with you!"  

"I've got this, trust me." Oisin says before he presses the button and leaves my sight.