Holding Strong

Jameson

I throw my body backwards away from Oisin. Our lips part with an obscene sound as I look at him in shock. Him kissing me is a bold move that I honestly did not expect. I'm stunned silent for a second before my anger flares to a new height.

"Get the fuck up." I sneer as I reach down and pull Oisin up by his arm. He stands and I shove him towards the door. "Take me to Madison. You aren't going to reel me in that easy. And don't ever kiss me again without me expressing permission or kissing you first." Oisin doesn't say anything but to my surprise, he glares.

"You're attracted to me, that's why you are being a royal dick." He snaps and I chuckle in pure surprise.

"Yes, I am attracted to you, but it does not change the fact that I do not trust you. Now take me to my woman."

"Our." Oisin corrects as he throws the door open, pulls his sweatpants that I throw at him up his lean legs, and begins taking long strides down a hallway filled with windows. I follow close behind but I still glance out at the veiw. You can see what I know to be New York City, off in the distance, not to far away, but trees are in-between us and the congested area. The property is beautiful, more than I can afford without draining my bank account, which is a jarring realization. That means Madison comes from more money than most people could only dream of.

"It's right down here." Oisin says as we come up to wooden double doors at the end of a long hall. I swear the scent of Madison is bleeding from the walls. The last time we were together, we were fighting. I physically touched her while she's carrying my first child. A knot lodges in my throat as Oisin opens the door for me and Madison eyes connect with mine from behind her desk. She's sitting in Kylen's lap, Reece is sitting on the edge of the desk, they were talking with her until her features shifted at the site of me. I step into the office and take a quick look around. The walls are all filled with shelves and books, but there are large windows on either side of Madison desk, with a large portrait of her directly behind her. It's a majestic picture, something out of a book. It's beautiful.

"Are you feeling better?" Madison speaks and my eyes snap down to meet her gaze. She slowly stands from Kylen who then folds his arms over his chest as he looks at me as well. Madison walks until we are toe to toe. Her soft hand reaches up and touches the patch over my bullet wound.

"Much better." I say softly before pulling her into my arms. Bending, I bury my face in her delicate neck. "I am so sorry for putting my hands on you. Never again will I, that's a promise."

"I believe you. We can be all lovey dovey later, right now we need to talk about something serious, okay?" Madison kisses me and pulls away. She goes to sit back on Kylens lap before she begins to talk. I sit on the free lounge chair, and Reece jumps off the desk to sit in my lap. Oisin takes his place sitting on the desk before we all turn our attention to Madison.

"This is a discussion that was made without you present, Jameson, but we feel it would be best."

"O..kay." I'm unsure of what's about to be said, and that makes me uncomfortable.

"I am in control of the Mafia as of now but as we all know, I'm pregnant, and this will not be the last baby. With that being said, I cannot properly run it alone, so, I want you to do so." Everyone sits in silence as I process the information. When I find my words, I speak.

"This is something I know I can do, but why me? Why are you taking over in the first place?."

"Because I had to reach out for help, Jameson. From my grandfather, because the Kelly's sent someone to kill me in Washington. I killed her first of course, but I knew then you and Reece needed help. This was an action done to protect our baby, not me per say. I could have handled this with Kylen, but the baby is above all right now." My entire body vibrates with anger as I take in this new information. My eyes instinctively look over at Oisin who is red in the face.

"Did you know they sent someone to kill our woman?" I question.

"Yes, but there was nothing I could do about it." Oisin retorts as his hands ball into fist. "I would have never allowed them to go after a pregnant woman, but I had no control in that family. I was nothing to them but a pretty face and a tight asshole."

"We need to stay on topic," Madison cuts in. "It does not matter what Oisin did outside the walls of this house and our protection, he is a part of us now. It'd be in your best interest, Jameson, to realize and accept it."

"So just trust him without him earning it?" I snap.

"No! Trust me to know when I'm being fucking played! God Jameson! Do you think for a real fucking second I would allow Oisin to touch me if I thought he really ran with the Kelly's like that?! No, I would not! So shut up! Please! We get you don't trust him but bringing it up every three seconds isn't going to help you understand him and learn to trust him!"

Madison's outburst shocks me but when she winces then groans everyone shoots up to their feet.

"What is it?" Reece says as he rushes around the desk to Madison. She shakes her head before wincing again. This time she grips her side and lets out a startle cry of pain. Everyone immediately starts moving at once. I'm at Madison's side lifting her into my arms as I follow Kylen without instructions to. He leads me down the hall and down a flight of stairs to what I realize is an elevator. When the door opens an older man is standing on the other side. His eyes widen in surprise when he sees me. We've met before but I can pinpoint where. He looks away when Madison groans.

"What is going on? What is wrong with my granddaughter?"

Granddaughter?

"No time to explain Papa, we have to get her down to the medical wing of the house so I can check on the baby." Kylen says as he steps into the elevator with the man. I step in next, my eyes never straying from the mans face.

"Have we met?" I ask when everyone is on board and the elevator is moving.

"Yes, Jameson, we have but that conversation is for a different time." Papa says and I narrow my eyes further. Me and this man have history and if I remember correctly, it isn't very good.

And like a ton a bricks the reality hits me in the face.

"I know where I know you from. You're the son of a bitch who killed my only family!"