"you came!"

In the morning, my brooch revitalized me, and I was now playing with the other children, Jesus nearby. We came over to Him, and He played with us.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Rachel carrying a basket full of fruit. She was looking on, and studying Jesus' interactions with kids. I ran over to her, just as Simon and the other men found Jesus. I had heard from Mei and her group staying at Jairus' house, that Tamar's condition was getting worse. I just didn't know how worse.

"There He is! He's by the well!" Andrew said.

"Master, we've been looking for You!" Simon said in relief.

"We have to tell Jairus right away! You know how He is with kids! We take Tamar to Jesus right now!" I urged.

Nodding in desperate agreement, Rachel gave her basket full of fruit to someone else, and ran with me back to Jairus' house. She knew the way, so I followed, not saying a single word.

"We must take her to Him." Rachel said, out of breath as she entered the outside of the house. Daddy, Dada, Doctor Stephen, Aunt Bridget, Cleopas and Mei and her group plus a Pharisee named Simon, were there thinking about what to do next.

"What?" Jairus asked in confusion.

"We must take her to Jesus." Rachel said.

"Rachel, please." Jairus shook his head no.

I started to get angry.

"Might have to ask someone else to do it," I grumbled.

"Oh, Cleopas, it's you. You must tell Him." Rachel was annoyed by her husband's antics and turned to Cleopas with desperate hope.

"How is she?" Cleopas asked in concern.

"She's dying!" Rachel answered sorrowfully.

"Oh no," I gasped in sadness.

"No! She is not dying, Rachel!" Jairus stood up now and shouted in irritation.

My anger spiked, and I sensed that my powers were getting crazy, so I took deep breaths.

"How do YOU know if she's dying or not?!" Aunt Bridget bristled with irritation with her thick Irish accent. "You're not the judge and jury!"

"Then we'll have to prove it to you," Tammie backed Rachel up.

"Jairus, yes she is!" Mei calmly said in anger.

"HOW COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT, JAIRUS?!" I exploded at Jairus with passionate anger. "You DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM!"

"Jairus! Why are you so afraid of them?" Rachel backed me up, and Mei. "Have they got such a hold over your life?"

"God is my life, not man! Not any man!" Jairus growled.

"And your daughter?" Rachel snapped back at him.

It made Jairus freeze.

"What is she in your life?" Rachel continued with an icy venom in her voice.

"Tamar means nothing to you. You only care about your status as an official of the Law." I added angrily before feeling my Daddy's hand on my shoulder.

"Rani—" My Daddy cautioned.

"IT'S TRUE!" I raised my voice in anger, passion, sadness and frustration, sensing Jairus' heart, on the cusp of corruption and innocence.

"I understand you're frustrated, Rani, but we need to stay calm." Dada said, empathetically. "Let the parents figure this out."

"I know, but she's running out of time!" I felt like crying. I felt Krishna's hand on my shoulder, backing me up.