the new preacher

Once we came to Lazarus' house in a town called Bethany, I reunited with a doctor named Stephen, another good friend, my Dada and Daddy and Miss Mary, who were then introducing themselves to Jesus. I practiced my spells, while Jesus got changed into some newer robes. It was dusk, and dinner was cooking.

Doctor Stephen was wearing a blue robe for his strong features, a first century version to what he would normally wear for the Mystic Arts. His dark hair was short, and had gray on the sideburns. His light blueish green eyes scanned the area where I was practicing my spells. He would always have the Eye of Agamotto on hand around his neck, but in this environment, he didn't. His hands had scars from a car crash that happened long ago.

"Let's see, how about 'wind'?" I chose while practicing, and the wind blew through my hair, and all around me. I laughed.

"You've been practicing, I see."

I turned around to see Jesus beside me. He smiled gently. He seemed to know and understand why I've been practicing. His robes were now a burgundy red, complete with a light blue sash around His left shoulder and the right side of His waist.

I had changed into new robes, too. Mine were a lavender purple all around, and I had a light purple cloak to match. My hair was now down in a half ponytail for the evening, and it swayed in the gentle breeze.

"Yeah. In my timeline, I have my very first mission in a couple of weeks. I'm nervous about it. I wonder what kind of Sorceress I'm going to be. My Daddy was a great Sorcerer, and I feel it might be hard to live up to what the people expect of me. They want me to be Daddy." I explained my doubts and fears. After all, I was only seven years old, about to turn eight.

I could see Daddy and Dada looking at us as we talked. Miss Mary was with them.

"Your father had his way of being Sorcerer, and I believe that when the time comes, Rani...you'll find your own way of being your own. Don't put the expectations everyone has for you onto yourself. It will only make you worry too much." Jesus advised gently, kneeling at eye level.

"How do You do it? Your Father sets expectations and then You go and do them without hesitation." I asked, wanting to learn how to keep my nerves straight.

"It's never easy. My journey in the desert wasn't, that's for sure. But no matter how many times Satan tempted Me, I didn't give in. I remembered My own mission, and the reason I came here." Jesus said, a hand gently on my shoulder.

"What was the reason?" I asked.

"You," Jesus answered.

"Me?"

"Yes, you, Rani, and everyone in the world. You may not understand it now, but later, you will." Jesus said patiently.

"Hey, you two! Dinner's just about ready!" Miss Mary called.

"Okay, we'll be right there, Miss Mary!" I answered. I turned back.

"When your mission comes, Rani...just remember to be yourself. The only person holding you back, and putting doubts in your mind is you, and only you can rise above them. Everyone else believes in you. I believe in you as well. You have to believe in yourself. Once you do that, then anything is possible, with Me to guide you." Jesus advised. He gently ushered me along.

"Okay, I will." I promised.

With that conversation now over, Jesus and I headed to the group of people. I conjured up fire and used it to start a campfire. I sat with my parents, Miss Mary, my cousins and siblings across from Jesus.

"Anyone bring marshmallows?" Alex asked.

Everyone laughed, including me.

"Oh, hon!" Daddy laughed.