Chapter 25 - I've got you, ok?

Bennett's POV

I'm sitting at the cafeteria, minding my own business, when I see Lilly storming towards me, a frown on her face that makes me freeze on the spot. 

Why the hell is she looking like she's seen a ghost? It screams worry all over it, so the moment she reaches me, I stand up, trying to figure out what's going on.

"Have you seen her?" I don't need to ask who she's talking about, it's damn obvious.

"No, why?" I ask, actually concerned.

"I can't find her anywhere and she's not answering her phone." I immediately start making my way to the cafeteria door without even thinking, with Lilly on my toe.

"Where have you seen her for the last time?" I ask.

"We were texting during third period as we don't have class together, and after a while she stopped answering." I try not to give her a pointed look due to the fact that they were texting in class, because that's not important right now. "It wouldn't be an issue, but she said she wasn't feeling well and didn't make it to the cafeteria for lunch. I think she might be having an episode."

I speed up to the sound of that to where her class ended fifteen minutes ago. It's not like I know by heart her entire schedule, so I know exactly where her last classroom is. Y

Yeah, that's creepy of me, I know. 

I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but the look on Lilly's face was concerning enough and Alex never disappears, unless she's feeling sick. We know this because it happened a few times over the past years. The migraine episodes were so bad, that she had to go to the hospital.

The last time it happened was last year, she was watching Dylan's practice and practically passed-out on the bleachers. The coach saw the whole thing and stopped practice until the nurse got there and took care of her.

Lilly texted me at the time to tell me what happened and I immediately called her mom to make sure she was ok. That's the good part about close friends with her family. It's not like I would call my friends' moms to ask if they are feeling sick. Especially because we weren't exactly that close when it happened. Too good I get along very well with her mom. 

I remember wanting to scold her for not taking care of herself, because I later learned that she was feeling sick all day, but didn't want to go home. I call it denial.

She hates her migraines and hates even more when people know about it. She shouldn't be ashamed, it's not her fault that she needs to take medicines, but she never liked it.

That same week, I heard her talking to Lilly at our family's weekly dinner and I got pissed because all she cared about was how embarrassed it was to pass out in front of the whole football team, especially Dylan.

Not that he paid enough attention. He wasn't giving a flying fuck about her and I don't think he even remembers that happened. 

Anyway, I have all these thoughts and memories in my mind as I rush down the hall looking for her.

It's been a while that she doesn't have symptoms, but if it's happening again, it's bad, really bad. Alex's migraines are no joke.

I know I said I wouldn't care about her anymore, that we shouldn't be friends or even talk to her but I can't ignore this. I'm crazy worried about her.

"Go to the library and check the auditorium hall. I'll go this way. Text me if you find her." Lilly nods and runs to the direction I mentioned.

I take a deep breath and continue searching for her. Alex is not in the class, not at the quad or even at the lab, so I sigh, frustrated. There's no sign of her.