Chapter 18 - I love your eyes

"What's going on between you and Bennett?" Lilly asks me as we sit at our usual table for lunch.

It's funny she's asking this because today is the day I'll corner her about her and Bennett, so the fact that she's asking me the same thing is kind of ironic.

I don't care how busy we are, I will clarify this today. Not to mention that if she tells me they are together, I'll be pissed off. Not because they will be a couple, but I'll be angry because I'll have to tell her about Kate.

I will not let my friend be played by the guy who doesn't look like a player, but he won't fool me.

After Bennett and I went down the stairs that day, my mom asked if everything was ok, because we both looked fuming and all he said was "ask your daughter, she's not good at keeping secrets anyway."

My mom was so confused and I did a miracle dodging her questions after they left. I wasn't ready to tell about Dylan her that night.

I wanted to yell at Bennett, but then Dylan came to my room later that night as he promised and I got to clear my head from what happened. I could only focus on how awesome it is to be with him, my boyfriend.

Screw it if Bennett knows.

All I know is that since that day, Bennett has been ignoring me.

Well, not completely ignoring, because he's totally shooting me glazers. I'm doing the same, so whatever.

"Alex?" Lilly is waiting for me to give her an answer and I'm not sure where to start.

I'm surprised that he didn't tell her, they are now so close.

Note the sarcasm, please.

''I could ask you the same thing, you know?'' She raises her eyebrow at me. Yeah, there's no escaping the truth now.

''What do you mean?''

''I should be asking you what's going on between you and Bennett.'' Now she seems really confused. No wonder why she's an actress, she's so good at this.

''I truly don't know what you're talking about, but why on earth there would be something going on between the two of us?''

I'm about to answer, but then we see Bennett walking by our table, so we stay silent until he's out of sight.

''Why the hell are you two glaring at each other?'' Lilly asks, looking even more confused than before.

''That's not important.'' I know I'll have to answer that later, but right now, I'm focused on getting the truth out of her. ''Tell me what you and Bennett were talking about the other day.''

"What day?" I roll my eyes as I explain to her about what I saw at his locker and she thinks hard to remember what I'm referring to. I can see clearly on her face when it hits her.

''Oh, that day. It was nothing, I was just asking a chemistry question.'' Her face turns a tint of pink and I know I caught her in a lie. I guess she's not that good of an actress when it comes to real life.

''I'm not buying that, Lilly. You were in a heated conversation and I know you well enough to notice when you are being bossy and that was you being very bossy. He didn't look happy with whatever you told him. What was it all about? What did you say to him?"

''It was nothing, Alex.'' She's now a bit annoyed as well and that raises my suspicions  even more.

''Why don't you want to tell me that you are together?'' She coughs and spills the coke she was dinking, making a few people look at us.