Chapter 22 - Can I stay?

Hello Lovely Readers,

I'm so obsessed with this chapter! It's all I'm going to say. Carry on.

.........................

I always thought that winter break was supposed to be a moment to chill and spend time with family, but I guess I was wrong. For cool people like Dylan, it's party season.

I mean, he's at a different party every single day. I guess I thought he was going to stay more at home, because you know, it's Christmas, New Year after all.

I always pictured our holidays together to be watching Christmas movies, in cozy pajamas and chilling at home with the fireplace on and having hot tea.

Yet, it's New Year's eve and here I am in New York at a frat party. As I look around the house we are at, the amount of people drinking and the blasting music almost deafening me, I wonder if this is how Dylan has always been.

He's more the party type than I thought.

Dylan is somewhere drunk with his friends and I'm bored out of my mind. There's nothing I'd want more than to go home or talk to someone I'm actually friends with rather than these people I don't even know.

After looking for Dylan for a good few minutes, I finally manage to go to the front of the house to sit at a quiet place - if that's even possible - and I start scrolling through my instagram feed to see if there's anything new.

That's how much I'm enjoying this party...

There's nothing really interesting, so I'm just going photo by photo without paying much attention to it, until I see a post a guy from my class did.

It's a picture of him and his friends in the hallway where the lockers are. He posted today, but it looks like it was taken before winter break.

I don't really care about him and his friends, but I notice Bennett in the background of the photo, so I zoom in to take a better look at him. I smile at how focused he is as he gets his stuff from his locker.

He is not looking at the photo, so I guess it was just a coincidence that he's there as the guys are close to where his locker is.

Is it weird that I think it would be nice to spend time with him instead of being in this stupid party?

I suddenly think of Christmas, that we spent at the West's house. It was so nice, it was a happy day and that was when Dylan and I told everyone that we are dating.

Our moms pretended to be surprised and our dads didn't know what to do. They looked at each other, both with a funny expression. I guess it's because now they have to deal with their kids dating.

Bennett didn't say a single word and he kept looking at me with a blank expression that was hard to read.

Apart from that and the lecture my dad gave me when we got home about how I should be careful and use condoms, only to make me want to disappear, it was great.

Bennett even gave me a gift, that was so cute. I could only smile when I opened the box and found a pack of six special flavored Pringles. My mind immediately went to that day that we stargazed together.

Dylan gave a heart-shaped box full of chocolate truffles. I smiled at the gesture, but Bennett was speaking before I could say anything.

''She doesn't like chocolate.'' He said without even looking at his brother. Although it bothered me that he called Dylan out, it was sort of cute. Dylan just shrugged and ate the truffles himself. I don't mind though.