Chapter 23

Inside the Mikaelson mansion, Rebekah can be seen looking at her brother's drawings. She clenches her jaw at the memory of Klaus dying, causing her to swipe her hands across the table and make all the papers fall to the floor.

"You should know better than to sneak up on a lady," Rebekah says in annoyance when she hears a set of familiar footsteps from behind her.

Damon walks into the room and leans against the doorframe, "Good advice, have you seen one?"

Rebekah turns around to face him, "Tragic about Elena. Not to make a gray cloud grayer, but does Matt even have automobile insurance?" She says in a snarky tone with a smile as she turns around to face forward.

Damon glares at her back and attacks her with the white oak stake. His attempt to stake her fails as she grips onto his arm and raises it above his head.

As the two continue to fight for the stake, Rebekah slams Damon against a cardboard box. Gripping his wrist so he drops the stake.

All of a sudden, shots rain through the house, hitting Rebekah in the back. This allows Damon to escape before he gets the chance to be captured.

Rebekah turns towards the window, only to be shot in the heart by an arrow. She groans as she desiccates and falls to the ground

***

In a van in the middle of nowhere Caroline, Rebekah, and Isabelle are being taken to a remote location by the city council.

Caroline watches as her enemy and former friend come to, Isabelle attempts to escape the ropes but hisses in pain when they start to burn.

"Vervain ropes," Caroline says simply as Isabelle turns attention to the blonde vampire. "Looks like Alaric outed us all to the council."

Rebekah turns to look at Caroline, not yet noticing the hybrid who is sitting to her left. "The council, what exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah says, irritated with the whole situation.

Isabelle snicker slightly and causing Rebekah to turn her attention to the brunette, "Hello gorgeous," The hybrid whispers with a small smile on her face

"Your alive," Rebekah whispers in surprise, taking in the sight of her lover.

The brunette has dark circles under her eyes and is clearly in need of blood. "Seems to me, that the witch lied. Or somehow, like always, the Mystic falls gang was able to evade death once again." Isabelle says with a glare towards Caroline, who just rolls her eyes in response.

Meanwhile, Rebekah just stares at the hybrid with tears in her eyes. "I thought you were dead." She whispers.

Isabelle sighs and grabs the blonde's hand, as best she can due to the restraints. "You can't get rid of me that easily." 

Rebekah gives her a teary smile in response, but as she goes to say something. The van is flipped over multiple times until it stays still on its side.

The three females groan at the impact, "What the hell happened?!" Rebekah yells in pain as the doors to the van are ripped off the hinges.

"Tyler," Caroline says in surprise at the sight of her supposed-dead lover.

Tyler gives a tight smile and begins to undo her restraints, "I'm harder to kill than you think." He says to her.