Chapter 7

We have been sitting in the car all afternoon, and the fact that this truck has absolutely no windows is even worse. I have done anything you could think of to try and keep myself occupied. 

And I am running out of options people, like what the fuck am I supposed to do to keep myself occupied!

"Go fish," I say to Rebekah as she picks up a card. As a result of boredom, I talk to Rebekah Mikaelson to play go fish. And she is pretty good, a good thing I always keep a stack of cards with me.

"You are pretty good for a newbie," I say as wins the game once again.

She smirks in my direction and leans back against the wall. "I'm good at everything." She says watching as I lean my shoulder against the truck wall.

"Your cocky for someone who's lived so long," I say leaning forward towards her, she leans slightly forward as well. 

"And your humble," she whispers at me, slightly tilting her head to the side. That has got to be one of the most adorable things she does.

"I didn't say that I was humble, your just cockier than I am."

She hums in acknowledgment and reaches her hand up to grasp a piece of hair that fell out of my ponytail.

"Your hair is so messy," She says as she witnesses another piece of hair fall out into my face. I scoff with a smile in response.

"Yes well I believe that is the price for thick hair," I say as I decide to mess with her a little bit. "Plus at least I'm not blonde," I say as a smirk comes to my face.

She yanks the hairpiece in response as she tries to keep the smile off of her face. "You're not funny, you know." She says and stands up to open the door to the truck.

"It's dreary in here, we should open a window." She opens the truck and leans against the exit of the truck. And the cool night air rushes in, that feels pretty good.

I lean against the other side of the exit and look back at Stefan, "Any idea when he is going to wake up." I ask her.

"Nope." She says, continuing to look forward. "So what do you have against Mystic Falls?" She asks, turning to look at me.

I quirk in eyebrows in response to her question.

"The loud moan that you let out when we got here was kind of a dead giveaway." She says giving me a sarcastic smile. I scoff but can't fight the smile that now comes to my face.

"I left Mystic Falls when I realized I was a werewolf, and I haven't been back since. And I just wanted to leave a lot of packed-up shit behind." I say as I look down at my nails, which are surprisingly in good condition.

"And you don't care about protecting the doppelganger?" Rebekah ask me suspiciously

I laugh at that statement, "Elena Gilbert, is a girl who thrived off of her parent's attention and has always needed it from everyone else. Besides the only friends that I used to have here, I'm not too worried about." I say smiling at her.

"I'm gonna go visit someone," I say hopping down from the truck and walking towards the school

"And who are you going to see?"

"Someone who I haven't seen for a long time," I say and continue to walk towards the school. I don't think Tyler will be thrilled to see me. It's not like the last time we talked, we got along.

I enter the building to see all of the hallways empty, I'm having Deja vu of when I used to go in here in my high school years. 

I use my werewolf hearing and hear Caroline and Tyler little ways down the hallway. A reunion with my ex-friend and my brother who I mildly dislike. This will be a lot of fun.