055. "your large embrace that held even my despairs"

LV

LV. THE HOLLY BEFORE SALLY

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                        Ⅱ                        ▷

Like the two handles in my heart's watch

I keep going rounds in the same place

༻───────────────༺

          OUT OF EVERYONE IN THE house, Sirius had been the most delighted for Christmas. He was having the house full again, and this would be his first proper Christmas with Harry as well, which made it even more exciting for him. His spirits were all high and mighty to the point where it was highly infectious to the others.

He was no longer their sullen host during the summer; now he seemed determined that everyone should enjoy themselves as much, if not more than they would have been at Hogwarts, and he worked tirelessly in the run-up to Christmas Day, cleaning and decorating with their help, so that by the time they all went to bed on Christmas Eve the house was barely recognizable.

The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view; and even the stuffed elf heads on the hall wall wore Father Christmas hats and beards.

But then, he saw something he never thought he would see in front of his eyes.

Lucia woke up in the early morning of Christmas by a fluffy tail of whom she soon realised belonged to Crookshanks. She sputtered out the cat hairs in shock as it wiggles on her face before she sat upright, frowning. At the doorway, she was made aware of the presence of Hermione and Ginny. Both were giggling madly.

"Happy Christmas, Lucia. Had a good sleep?" Ginny grinned.

Lucia narrowed her eyes at her, confused. Yawning, she answered with a short nod. This fuels their giggles more, casting her odd looks before they head out.

She had never been so confused in all her life, and that was saying something since confusion could've been her middle name if it weren't for it being an ugly word. Drowsily, she rubbed her eyes, trying to wake herself before she looked around the room.

"Huh, weird" she said. "The walls are different..."

Sirius hummed the tone of a chirpy music as he entered the room when he was struck by immediate happiness, albeit mouth gaping at the sight. He hopped excitedly, causing Lucia to look at him incredulously: Why was he in her room...