041. "devil's on your shoulder tryna make you insane"

XLI

XLI. SAINTS AND SINNERS

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                           Ⅱ                           ▷

But the ugly world has clipped your wings,

You need someone to forgive your sins

༻───────────────༺

          THE MORNING AFTER WAS inevitably awkward for the group of girls. Lucia didn't think much of it and merely played as though it never happened in the first place. However, she did refuse to talk to any of her dormmates except for Hermione — well, not until they gather their senses together and learn how ridiculous they sounded, as well as apologise to Harry.

She was sick of people acting as if Harry didn't posses any sort of emotions, like he didn't feel anything from those sickening rumours. Under the surface, he was just another teenage boy in distress. Why could no one see that?

As she swiftly dressed into her school robes, Lucia rushed down to the common room and made her way down to the common room, not waiting for anyone, too immersed into her ever-so growing anger that she didn't think she could keep from bursting with each and ever second that pass as she stayed in the same room with them. She sat on her own at Gryffindor table, recalling every word that had been said by her dormmates, and each one of them only caused her fist to tighten. Oh, how she hated —

"Should I give them the benefit out the doubt?" After all, they were kind to her...

"They say talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity."

Lucia glanced up at the bewitched ceiling; today was a miserable rain-cloud gray. "God?"

"You said it, not me." Harry plopped himself beside Lucia, who sent him a playful glare while Ron and Hermione sat across from the two.

"Should've known it was you," said Lucia, shaking her head in shame.

"Not my fault that you assume I was God," said Harry mischievously, his spirits lightened at the girl's presence. He almost forgotten his row with Seamus last night. "Not that I blame you of course — I mean, look at me!"

"I'm looking at something all right," she smiled, "perhaps at the bug?"

"Harsh," he grinned. "Thank you."

Lucia turned to Harry peculiarly, her dark eyes shimmering with curiosity. "What for?"

"For sticking up for me," said Harry with a soft smile. "Hermione told me about what happened in your dormitory last night."