010. "the fatal flaw that makes you long to be"

X

X. A FAIL FORMULA

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                        Ⅱ                        ▷

Sometimes I feel so insecure,

And loves so distant and obscure

༻───────────────༺

          LUCIA STARED ATTENTIVELY AT THE Goblet of Fire that was encircled by a thin golden line that had been traced on the floor. She held a bit of resentment as she sat alone with an unread book on her lap, surrounded by students in the entrance hall in the early morning. Most students would have breakfasted late, but thanks to Goblet of Fire, her tranquil morning with barely anyone awake was greatly disturbed.

Thanks to that huge, stupid magic cup.

"Anyone put their name in yet?"

Lucia jumped in startlement as Ron Weasley's voice came up from behind her suddenly. Turning around, she saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione walking up to her. Like others in school, they, too, had woken up in this lovely morning out of the excitement from the recent announcement of the event.

"Oh, all the Durmstrang lot," she replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," said Harry. "I would've if it had been me... wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Someone laughed behind them. Turning, Lucia saw Fred, George, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

"Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Lucia. "Just taken it."

"Y-You're actually doing it?" said Lucia incredulously.

"Doesn't mean it won't work, carino." said Fred in a singsong tone.

"Oh?" she arched a brow at him, surprised.

"He heard you say it before," explained George, amused.

"Well..." Lucia turned airily to Fred, "What does it mean then?"

"Pardon?" He took adouble take.

"What does it mean, Fred?"

He paused and pursed his lips in deep thought before glancing down at her for an answer. Lucia shook her head with a soft chuckle. "Don't tell me you went around the castle calling people that?"