045. "the sounds of you went further and further,"

XLV

XLV. DANDELIONS

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                          Ⅱ                          ▷

I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime

I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

༻───────────────༺

          LUCIA LAID HER HEAD ON the table defeatedly during breakfast as Ron and Hermione stared at her, sharing a pitiful gaze. She had been in this position since they arrived, and it was as though all hopes was lost for her. But the thing was, they had no idea why?

They wanted to ask her, inquire whether something bad had happened while they were absent, but at the same time they had an inkling of feeling that they wouldn't get anything and would merely make the situation worse than it already was. And by worse, they meant crying.

A few minutes ago, Lucia went around the castle for her usual morning walk to fend off from the ill feeling of exhaustion when she saw Cho Chang and Harry talking to one another in the Owlery, which left her devastated. Only a miracle could help her out from the rabbit hole she fell so deeply in.

"Morning," she heard Harry greeting them as he joined them at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

Lucia merely groaned is response, looking away from him, causing Ron and Hermione to quirk a brow at her before putting the pieces together.

They looked between the Potter and the DiFiore pair before looking at one another. They weren't sure what, but there has something to do with their best friend...

"What's up with you?" Harry sat himself beside her.

Lucia stared at him, eyes longing, before she went back to her previous state and huffed: "Nothing."

"Really? 'Cause it doesn't look like noth — OOF!" Harry gasped at the painful impact of Hermione's foot against his shin under the table. She glared at him warningly, as if stating silently for him to shut up.

Harry looked at Ron for answers, but he merely acted airily, as though he din't even notice the tension in the atmosphere. While Lucia's smile may be dangerously contagious, what was more contagious was whenever she were to pour acid in the air, something she seldom does.

"Why are you so chirpy anyway?" Lucia grumbled at him.

"Chirpy...?" Harry furrowed his eyes. "I don't think I'm being chirpy..."