050. "his crown lit up the way as we moved slowly"

L

L. THE SERPENTS AND THE LIONS

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                           Ⅱ                           ▷

My oh my, how my blood boils

Its sweet taste for you

༻───────────────༺

          THE CREATION OF THE D.A. caused jubilation to many of the members. And quite frankly, Lucia enjoyed all the lessons Harry had for them. She couldn't believe she was actually saying this, but he may be one of the most competent teachers they ever had next to Lupin and fake Moody.

And those who disagree with her were blatantly in denial.

Being in Umbridge's classes was even more tolerable than before, even with the horrible bulging eyes of the Ministry official didn't bother her as much as it did before, rather she felt more confident. They were resisting her under her very nose, doing the very thing that she and the Ministry most feared, and it felt as though they now had power, something that was tore away from them since the start of the year.

Throughout all the lessons, Lucia learnt more about Defence and her capabilities in defending herself more than she did during normal classes in the day — except for maybe back when Lupin still taught them. Harry was undeniably a great teacher, and that was a fact. Compared to almost all of the official teachers they had in the subject; Harry would be on top of the list below Lupin.

Because of him, Lucia was able to perfect the Expulso Curse in just one meeting, Neville had successfully disarmed Hermione, Colin Creevey had mastered the Impediment Jinx after three meetings' hard effort, Parvati Patil had produced such a good Reductor Curse that she had reduced the table carrying all the Sneakoscopes to dust.

There were no flaws when it came to the D.A., everyone had gotten their benefits through it. The only thing was that they, especially Erin of Slytherin, had to be careful of Umbridge and some others that caught whiff of it.

Hermione soon devised a very clever method of communicating the time and date of the next meeting to all the members in case they needed to change it at short notice, because it would look so suspicious if people from different Houses were seen crossing the Great Hall to talk to each other too often. She gave each of the members of the D.A. a fake Galleon (Ron became very excited when he saw the basket at first, convinced that she was actually giving out gold).

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?" Hermione said, holding one up for examination at the end of their fourth meeting. The coin gleamed fat and yellow in the light from the torches. "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."