11

"Leave me alone." Miranda snapped folding up the clothes in the nursery.

"Miranda why are you upset?" Ben asked standing in the doorway.

"Because I've asked you to stay out of my career."

"I'm not interfering." He interjected.

"You are. Did you not tell Richard to send me on maternity leave earlier than what I had plan, because that's messing in my career."

"Miranda you are having Braxton hicks contractions, you're in pain and uncomfortable, and you can barely stand up. What the hell were you going to be doing at Grey Sloan?"

"Work I was going to be working. Working until I can't anymore."

"You are at the point where you can't. You can't and stop pushing yourself so hard. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'm fine and if something were to happen wouldn't it be better to be at work... the hospital." She stressed.

"How about let's prevent anything from happening to you. You need to rest."

"Yeah okay." Miranda said nonchalantly.

Miranda and Ben were silent the rest of the day. They picked up Pru from daycare and
rode to Tuck's soccer game. Ben held Pru's hand while he helped Miranda up the bleachers and into her seat.

"Sit down." Miranda instructed Pru, who then started whining and laying on her.

"I know honey, but its dangerous to play in the bleachers. Do you want to go to the park after this? We can get on the swings." She smiled at her.

"Yes, swings." Pru said excitedly.

"I think we should put her in something." Ben suggested ultimately trying to get his wife to talk to him.

"Gymnastics, ballet, or tiny tots soccer."

"She probably would do good in gymnastics. She's always flipping around the house."

"You're right about that." Miranda agreed laughing a little bit. "She also needs swimming lessons this summer. We have the huge pool and of course we monitor her and keep the patio and back doors locked, but I want to get her lessons as an additional layer of protection."

"Okay we will get her signed up. We also should get a surface alarm for the pool." Ben insisted.

"A what?" Miranda asked turning to him.

"A pool alarm system will alert you when someone or something has made contact with the water when you’re not expecting it. The alarm’s sensor is generally triggered by the waves created by the person or sometimes animals who’s fallen in."

"I didn't even know that was a thing."

"I found out a few years back. You just reminded me to get it."

Miranda and Ben looked up as Tucker walked up the bleachers and sat a little ways down from Miranda.

"Hey Miranda." He greeted.

"Hey." She replied back.

"Ben." Tucker nodded.

"Tucker." Ben greeted the same way.

"One day you're going to have to say more words than that." Miranda whispered to Ben.

"Well today is not that day." He answered rolling his eyes.

"I'm thirsty." Pru said tapping her thigh.

"Okay, hold on." Miranda said looking for her bag. "Ben you left her bag in the car."