Alejo- Chapter 21

Your vampfriend wanted you to get a dedication so congratulations lol.

::CHAPTER 21::

I signed for the delivery and, because I was in a good mood, I tipped the man at the door. The delivery man looked shocked yet pleased by the amount but he didn’t give the money back. In fact he said thanks and scurried off. I had one of my men take the delivery up the stairs on one of our trolleys while I led the way.

“Oh Pet!” I half-sang and smiled sensing her irritation already, “Come on! Here girl! I got you something.” The door swung open and her tiny frame appeared. She scowled and stuffed her hands onto her hips. “Good girl,” I beamed patting her head.

She didn’t get the chance to complain about being treated like a dog. I was already walking into her room with the man behind me. Ordinarily she would follow me and do her complaining inside, but she was distracted by the large amounts of things on the trolley. The complaints died on her tongue. The man set the parcels down and bowed himself out.

“What is all of this?” her annoyance was replaced with curiosity. She had to tiptoe to peer at the top parcel’s label. “School supplies?” her eyes roved over the label, “I only gave you the green light last night. How did you get all of these things so fast?” I shot her a look. “Oh right,” she half smirked half sneered, “My Master is amazing.”

“See? I told you. It does sound better when you say it,” I said.

“Teasing me, now?”

“I don’t tease, joke or kid unless it’s necessary.”

“Your existence must be boring…no offense.”

“I wouldn’t offend me if I were you,” I said taking the higher packages down, “Lucky you, that comment didn’t.”

“Alright, alright. Keep your socks on,” she took a box from me and went over to the nearest couch.

She took the stretchy band from her wrist and put her hair up into a messy bun. My eyes dropped to her bare thighs. It was a reflex action. Her shirt had hiked up as she’d raised her arms to fix her hair. “Are you wearing pants under that?” I asked. She looked up and tugged down the hem of the large sweatshirt. By the pink tinge in her cheeks I got my answer.

“There is a constant flow of male soldiers roaming around this castle. You can’t be walking around in that.”

“I wasn’t walking around. I was lying in my room minding my own business,” she grumbled under her breath as she tore off the brown paper from a parcel, “You barged in.”

“I’ll bring a few things for you to wear in time for school later,” I ignored her complaints, “And we can get you fitted.”

“Why are you bothering to buy me anything? I thought you didn’t care. You being you, I mean.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Of course I care about the physical state of my possessions. You market me the second you step out of that bedroom door. I’ll be damned if I have a vagrant for a Pet.”

“Stop. Please. The adoration is too much.”

“But I didn’t—.”

“Sarcasm, sir.”

“It sounded real.”

“I’m good at it,” she chuckled still trying to open the box.

I watched her struggle for a little while before I pulled out a pocket knife, cut the tape and opened the flaps. She peered inside like a kid looking at her Christmas present.