Chapter Nine

Dont forget to comment xoxo

"Stupid Louis with his stupid hair and stupid smile." Harry curses as he is walking towards his room. He has a headache, Louis is annoying him and he just wants a shower because everybody keeps telling him that he smells.

When he arrives in his room, Lottie isn't there and Harry hates it. He doesn't hate it that she isn't there, but that he doesn't feel a void, that he isn't sad that she isn't there. It makes him feel guilty and bad about himself.

He strips off Niall's and Liam's clothes and takes a shower, enjoying the warm water. He feels stressed, so stressed and his situation with Lottie drives him crazy. He should be the happiest man alive, he is about to get married, but instead he feels miserable, gets drunk and is fucking annoyed by Louis Tomlinson.

When he is showered, he takes a pair of baseball shorts and a t-shirt. He falls down on the bed and grabs his phone. He decides to text Niall.

Feel like shit, mate -H

Hangover? -N

Not just that, Lottie and stuff. Idk what to think anymore -H

What happened then? You just disappeared -N

Got into a fight with Lottie again because Louis tittle-tattled -H

Wdym?- N

Yeah, Louis went over to Lottie and said I was at the bar yesterday -H

And what's the big deal you were? I don't see why that's something bad – N

Harry sighs and decides to not answer Niall anymore. He hates it, hates the whole fucking situation. Everybody supports Harry yet he doesn't feel good about it. Lottie cried, it makes him sad, and normally he would do anything to talk to her now but Harry is scared, so scared. Normally he can't wait to see her, and now he is dreading it. He know he is not completely wrong but seeing a girl cry because of him just sucks.

It's fifteen minutes later when the door opens and Lottie enters.

"Hey." Harry gives her a smile, it feels very uneasy though.

"Hi." Lottie answers. She takes place next to Harry on the bed.

"Look, H I'm very sorry about the past 24 hours." She apologises immediately and that's not something that Harry expected.

"I get your side, I really do Lotts. It just kind of hurts that you don't trust me. We are going to get married, we are days away from promising each other to spend the rest of our lives together and you get jealous over Niall..."

"I guess I just ... I don't have a proper explanation Harry." She rolls over to Harry and hugs his chest. "I just know that I don't want to fight with you during the whole holiday. I love you." Lottie plants a kiss on Harry's chest and then rests it on his shoulder.

"If you want I can call off the boys tonight, have an evening just the two of us. I can make reservations again in a restaurant and I'll leave my phone at home. What do you think?" Harry's hand goes through Lottie's blond hair. Normally when he does that she closes her eyes and has this peaceful smile on her face. She doesn't now though.

"No, I should give you more freedom. The boys look forward to the night, you do too, I'm not taking that away from you. I go out with my mom anyway. Fizz is going to watch the twins."

"Oh that's lovely." Harry smiles. Why is this conversation so uneasy? Why does it feel so forced? Things with Lottie never used to feel like this. They are supposed to be best friends, but currently it doesn't feel like that.

"Yeah, so I'm here to get ready and then I'm going out again." Lottie rolls off the bed again, she takes some clothes and disappears into the bathroom.

--

"Harry, hey!" Niall greets the curly boy. Everybody is already there, including Louis, and it makes Harry really nervous.

"Hey guys." He takes place next to Niall and Zayn and grabs a beer from the table.

"Game starts in fifteen minutes, are you ready?" Liam asks.

Harry can't help but stare at the boy in front of him. He is staring right back at Harry and that's when he notices the colour of Louis' eyes.

It's the most beautiful colour he has ever seen in his life. It's bluer than the ocean that's only a few metres away from them, brighter then the sun that's going down and it takes a lot from Harry to look away. Louis notices and he gives him a small smile before taking a sip from the beer, finally breaking the eye contact.

"Harry?" Harry breaks out of his trance when Niall touches his shoulder. "Are you okay mate? You look all zoned out."

"I'm good, I'm good, just need a sip." Harry takes a big gulp of the beer. He makes a mental note though to not drink too much because he doesn't want to have the same fight with Lottie again.

"So, small prediction Harry. What will be the score?" Liam asks.

"It's England against France right? I think it will be 1-2."

"What? Are you seriously saying we are going to lose, mate?" Zayn shakes his head. "Nah, it's the opposite score. We're going to kill France."

"Totally." Liam agrees.

"You are delusional, guys. Curly here is right." Louis says. "France is too strong for us."

Harry can't help but feel all warm inside when Louis agrees with what he says and he can't hide the big smile on his face. Although it's not about something personal, Louis agrees with him and that makes Harry really happy for some reason. He looks at Louis and gives him a sweet smile. He has to talk to him later to apologise for shouting at him. He said things he shouldn't have said to Louis. It's not his mistake though that the boy frustrates him so much.

Louis winks at him and gives a warm smile back.

And Niall just follows the interaction between the two, knowing what will happen before his best friend himself knows.