Chapter 7: Defections and Responses

Central Calender June 1st 1639

New Mariposa Naval Base, USS Franklin D. Roosevelt Briefing Room, 0400 hours

"As you are well aware, the Lourian troops have retreated into their vassal duchies. Right now, four military camps have been identified by our stealth drones, all in different vassal duchies. Based on what we can tell, these places," the officer points to a certain thing on the photo, "are where they store ammunition and black powder."

"Now, we are going to use guided bombs against it. It is a waste, I am aware, but we need to give them a little surprise. As a result, we are using the oldest generation laser-guided bombs first. For this, each target will need two planes. One to mark the target, the other to drop it. You need not worry about the local air forces. As you are aware by now, they merely have wyverns, which could not match the flight performance of our Phantoms."

"The strike would be simultaneous across these four vassal kingdoms. You will be landing at strips of land we borrowed from the Qua-Toynians as a temporary airfield to refuel. Our goal is only the targets selected. Do not engage anything else."

The officer paused a bit.

"So that would be your operation. If you don't have any further questions..."

Nobody seemed to have any questions.

"End of briefing, dismissed"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Airspace above the Duchy of Kestingtron 0800 hours

Two Phantoms fly above the Kestingtron airspace, one of them carrying two guided bombs(one extra in case of malfunction).

<<Anvil-2, this is Anvil-1, Kestrington capital in sight, heading 270, follow me and turn on afterburners.>>

<<<Roger>>>

The two Phantoms soared right over the Kestrington Capital. Making a loud boom as they go.

Radar signatures popped up on both of their HUDs.

<<<Anvil-1, this is Anvil-2, seven bogies dead ahead, heading 090, speed 260 km/h>>>

Anvil-1 smiled. They really only have wyverns. The wyverns are absolutely no threat to the two Phantoms.

<<Anvil-2, ignore them for now. These wyverns don't have the capabilities to harm us. Just dodge their first shot. and zoom off. >>

The two dived a little, making the fireballs from the wyverns miss and then continue speeding to their target. The enemy army camp honed into view.

<<Anvil-1 to Anvil-2, target has been marked. I repeat, target has been marked>>

<<<Bombs away>>>

The bombs were dropped. Not too long later, a big explosion was seen where the army camp was.

<<Target Alpha has been neutralised. RTB>>

With that, the two Phantoms headed back to the temporary airfield to refuel and return to the carrier.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Duchy of Kestrington, 1500 hours

There was a huge ruckus in the streets. Everybody saw how effortlessly the weird aircraft dodged the wyverns and zoomed off at impossible speeds. Not too long later, explosions were heard in the distance.

Duke Marlbrough had sent scouts to check out the site of the explosion. What was reported back was...disturbing. The Lourian army camp in the area was completely blown up. It seems like the enemies had bombed the powder storage, causing a large secondary explosion that wiped out half the camp, many lay dead or dying, horrific burns all over them.