Chapter 29

Central Calendar May 29th, 1640

Mariposa Naval Base, New Washington, United States of America, Rodenius Continent

Captain Hendersen took in the sight as the Prince of Lot slowly entered port. He noted that the base looked relatively new. The equipment and buildings looked like they couldn't be more than two years old, which made sense. First news about the Americans popped up roughly a year ago, and the news about them since has been very interesting. Captain Hendersen still found it hard to believe that a group the size of a Private Military Company could beat back the entire Kingdom of Louria and annex them, but here he is.

Captain Hendersen looked at the ships present...it was a mixed bag. The ships ranged from "advanced" to "modernized wooden ships". Captain Hendersen could only assume that the latter were captured/defected Lourian ships that had engines put on and metal plating strapped on. He shook his head, those upgraded ships might as well be turned into target practice, for they aren't going to work well against anything more modern than a very early shell-firing gun.

However, the newer ships they had were truly impressive, perhaps more impressive than Milishial warships even. However, Captain Hendersen decided not to mention it in anything except his reports. His crew probably already felt the same anyway. Captain Henderson looked once more at the port, and noticed an odd being moving around. The being was odd. It looked big and bulky, and was on three wheels. The creature had red eyes, and its right arm is replaced by some kind of rotary gun-like weapon. There was something odd about the left arm too, but he can't put a finger on it.

In any case, even without proficient use of magic(outside a few materials), The United States seemed to have created a form of golem. Sure, it wasn't the mythical gigantic ones, but those were going to be artillery bait anyway. No, these resembled Milishial experimental weapons that had been featured on propaganda footage, except these actually looked functional. Captain Hendersen was amazed. They had all the Milishial Experimental Weapons, except in a fully developed form.

As the ship was docked, Captain Hendersen watched as Sir Andrew Pratchinson got out of the bridge and headed to the deck. Captain Hendersen ordered a few men to guard him. While the news said that the United States is a "relatively sane nation", there was never really harm in staying safe. It wasn't as if he was training the Prince of Lot's main guns on the naval base, after all.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sir Andrew Pratchinson stepped off the Prince of Lot flanked, behind him were 5 men, armed with state-of-the-art Milishial submachine guns. To be honest, he wished that they had flown here with aircraft instead, it would have been way faster. However, he understood why they couldn't. Flying over an active warzone is not really good for health and safety, and he didn't want any diplomatic "incidents" where their aircraft is shot down by either rebels or American forces.

He watched as an American man walked up to him. The man was dressed in a suit, very similar to the style of the Muish, and had glasses. The man was shorter than him, much like most humans. The man reached out his right hand, no doubt for a handshake. Pratchinson returned it, though deep down, he isn't too pleased about it as it differs from his culture, even though he knows the human meant well.

"Sir Andrew Pratchinson, representative of the Holy Milishial Empire," Pratchinson introduced himself. "I am authorized by the Milishial government and the crown itself to conduct diplomacy on behalf of the Empire."

The man smiled, and replied:

"Jonathan Prince, representative of the United States of America," the American man said. Pratchinson winced at the man's pronunciation and accent. It is clear that he had studied the Milishial language, but is still struggling with it to an extent. At least he is willing to learn, and it seems like they would at least be able to understand each other.