Chapter 16

Kipo sat in the counselor's office. Her first day back after the Event... Everyone knows about it. "Kipo's missing" was all over the news. Along with "Kipo's Found".

Kipo watched the news clip of her being brought out on a stretcher, multiple times. She's seen how her friends and family broke down crying at the sight. Kipo looked so... still in those clips... so lifeless. The news anchors questioned if she was alive, then were assured by the head officer she was just passed out from the stress.

Reporters were parked outside the hospital. Waiting for a chance to talk to the survivor of the crazy woman. No one even knew Wolf was down there too. No one even cared she was missing.

"Kipo," the principal greeted, pulling Kipo out of her thoughts.

All the adults were looking at her.

"Hi, Ma'am." Kipo smiled.

"How was your trial day back?" She asked.

"Felt like the first day all over again, but worse." The principal frowned a bit at Kipo's words.

"We were gonna reduce the Student Aid's, but we should keep them on, for a while longer. Just know we are so proud of your progress," the principal said as Song placed a hand on Kipo's shoulder.

"Yeah," Kipo said.

She stood up and walked to the door with her parents. They brought her through the school, ignoring anyone's weird looks. She climbed into the back of the car. Gripping onto the seatbelt as the car pulled off.
_____________

Kipo laid down on her bed waiting for the twins to come over. She'd spent all last night explaining what they do during a "girls" night to Wolf. It took a lot of begging to get her to participate, but it will be worth it. Wolf deserves to have a little fun.

"Kipo!" Song called from the stairs.

Kipo jumped from her bed and rushed downstairs with a big smile. She engulfed the twins in a hug.

"I got Wolf to join us!" Kipo pulled from the two, then lead them Into the living room.

She grabbed Asher's hand and pulled them beside her with a smile.

"So, what do we think of Benson?" Dahlia spoke up.

"We don't know him, and I wanna know how me, I can be," she added hooking an arm around Kipo.

"You mean opinionated and violent?"

"Be nice!" Kipo shushed Asher looking at Dahlia.

"And, Benson was cool with me, so just be you. And I'm sure Wolf will love you guys too. In her own way." Kipo smiled.

"Good, 'cause it's movie time!" Dahlia called out then turned on the tv, searching through for something to watch.

Wolf made her way to them. Sitting in one of the chairs as Dahlia started a movie.

"Is it a scary movie?" Kipo asked.

"No, but it's not child-friendly," Dahlia said.

Kipo took in a deep breath then relaxed on the couch. Holding Asher's hand. Dahlia was still hooked onto her.

"Just so you know Wolf. We talk during movies," Kipo said.

"Mostly pointing out character mistakes, and betting on what's gonna happen," Dahlia added.

"I won five dollars on a long shot twist," Asher added.

"Okay. I've never really watched movies before," she said.

Wolf frowned as the twins sat in shock.

"Well, now you can enjoy one anytime!" Kipo smiled. She turned back to the Tv. Watching the beginning of the movie.

______________

The movie finished around the time Troy texted the group chat saying they were on their way. Kipo set up the game system, and the controllers, Dahlia explained the video game to Wolf, and Asher grabbed snacks from Kipo's closet. With everything set up they turned on the game and got it ready.

"Kipo!" Troy called as he opened the door. The boys walked into the living room and joined the group in their seats.

"How was your date?" Kipo asked. The boys blushed turning away from her.

"We had fun."

"Troy brought me down this amazing area and we had a picnic then played catch,"

"Aww, that's sweet. Now it's annihilation time!" Dahlia jump to her feet and grabbed a controller.

"She gets into games," Asher nervously smiled.

Wolf joined Dahlia with a controller in hand.

"Winner plays until the winner losses, everyone else lines up," Kipo said as the two started playing.

Though Dahlia was destroying Wolf, she was also going easy. Wolf just needs some practice.

"It's your first time, and you're doing good," Kipo encouraged the younger girl.

Wolf lost. Then It was Kipo's turn. The winner was touch and go for a while, but Kipo won in the end. Then Troy and Kipo went against each other. Kipo won by a landslide. This continued for a while. Trading off when they lost. Benson and Kipo are in the lead. One tinny mistake caused them to lose against each other.

"No! How do you always win?" Kipo called out handing the controller off to Asher.

"I play this every day after work," Benson gleamed.

"I don't think that's something to be proud of," Dahlia said.

Benson glared at her, before laughing.

"Probably."

"Alright, I'll be back soon," Kipo interrupted them standing up.

"I need to change the bandages," she added, before going upstairs to the bathroom.

"I'll be right back," Asher said following after Kipo.

When they got to the bathroom, they lightly knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" Kipo called out.

"Can I help?"

"No, it's okay. I got it.

"Kipo... it's me..."

It went silent as Asher leaned against the door. The door was slowly pulled open. Kipo looked at Asher.

"Not one word," Kipo said.

Asher zipped their lips and held out their hand for Kipo. She forced down a smile and took Asher's hand. Asher turned Kipo back into the bathroom and sat her on the covered toilet. They washed their hands, then kneeled in front of Kipo with a smile.

They bit their cheeks and looked down at Kipo's wrist. The outer sides were covered in rope burn. Red and purple, with some small blisters. Asher ran the cold water and rinsed them down. Kipo tensed up.

Asher ran their hand up Kipo's arm looking for Kipo's eyes. She met them with a soft smile. Asher grabbed the aloe and put some onto their hands. Gently rub it into the marks. Kipo took in a deep breath. Once the aloe was fully applied to both arms, Asher grabbed some gauze and wrapped them up.

Asher held onto Kipo's arms a bit longer before letting go. They held out their hand. Kipo smiled and took it again.

"Thank you," Kipo spoke.

Asher wrapped their arms around Kipo, pulling her into a gentle hug.

"Anything for you."

Kipo hugged Asher back. They held each other. Kipo fighting the urge to cry. Asher knows Kipo needs to let it out.

"We should go downstairs," Kipo loosened her hold on Asher.

Asher nodded and pulled away from Kipo. They stood up holding a hand out for Kipo. She took it and stood up. The two left the bathroom, going downstairs to see Wolf and Troy fighting in the game. They sat back in their spots still holding each other's hands. Kipo grabbed a bag of gummy bears.