Chapter 9

Kipo sat in class. The teacher went on about something. Kipo wasn't paying attention, just thinking to herself. All the attention on her has mostly passed over. People still avoid her, but they don't stare quite as much. The student aids still follow her around. She likes them and all, but she is tired of being watched like a Hawk. Something pressed against Kipo's shoulder, she looked back and saw someone holding a paper out to her. She took it with a smile and shoved it in her pocket with the three other notes.
_____________________

Lunch came around and Kipo was on her way to her normal spot with cotton behind her. An arm hooked around her shoulders and she looked at Benson.

"So, Troy is nice," he lightly chuckled. Kipo nodded looking back at Cotton. She softly smiled.

"I was thinking that you're old friends, and your new friends should hang out more," he said letting go of her. They faced each other.

"Didn't we hang out this weekend?" Benson shook his head lightly stepping back.

"What about Wolf?"

"I don't think she's a people person." Benson against shook his head at her.

"She's not, but I'm sure she'll agree if you ask. Now come on, let's find her." Benson grabbed her shoulders and dragged her back into the school.

"I have to stay in sight of Candace," Kipo said pushing against him.

"She can come with us, it's not like we're doing something illegal." He swatted the comment away, and the two started walking together.

"You know, I was thinking that you, me, and Wolf could hang out just us," Kipo said.

"You're right, Maybe go back to that park or the creek. No never mind," Benson trailed on as they walked the halls looking for their short friend. Kipo spotted her coming out of the restroom.

"Wolfantha!" Kipo called rushing up to her. Wolf wiped water onto her shirt, looking up at Kipo.

"What?" she asked.

"Wanna hang out with us after school, my dad can drive us to the park." Wolf looked at then huffed out.

"Fine, but I can't stay long." Kipo lightly squealed and engulfed Wolf in a hug. She stood there pushing Kipo away.

"No hugs," she groaned. Kipo laughed and let go of her.

"After school, Mr. Oaks class," Kipo called then ran off, leaving Benson and Wolf. She grabbed Carton's arm and pulled her away from the two. She rushed straight to her father's class and knocked on the door.

"What?"

"After school can you drive me and two friends to the park?"

"Yeah, okay." Kipo grinned and engulfed her father in a hug before rushing off.

"Kipo, calm down!" Carton called. Kipo stood still waiting for the adult to catch up.

"Sorry, I got excited." Kipo shyly rubbed her arm.

"You need to eat," Carton said taking Kipo to the cafeteria.
______________________

School took forever to finish. Kipo tried to distract herself from the clock by drawing or reading, but her eyes always fell on the slow ticking of the clock.

Kipo sat in her father's classroom. Spinning in his chair as he cleaned the classroom, and prepared it for tomorrow. Benson and Wolf walked into the room.

"Hiya, Mr. Oak," Benson said.

"You're here, yay." Kipo spun a final time in the seat then jumped up.

"I'm almost done," Leo said as he wrote on the whiteboard. The three kids stood near the door silently watching the man. He capped the marker and dusted off his hands.

"Alright, let's go." He grabbed his bag and Kipo lead them out to the car. They all climbed in, and Leo started home. The car ride was mostly silent other than the white noise of wind whipping against the metal car.

"Be safe, and ill give you two a ride home, just stop by our house," Leo said as he parked next to the park. Kipo hugged her father before getting out of the car. Benson and Wolf stood next to her as Leo drove off.

"Come on," Kipo said leading them over to the roundabout. She sat against one of the poles and gently nudged it.

"What do you two want to do?" Kipo asked. They both shrugged.

"I don't... hang out with people," Wolf said hitting a stick against the metal.

"I honestly don't have many friends either," Benson said lightly rubbing his neck. Kipo lightly frowned.

"Well, you do now. Get on." Kipo stood from the roundabout and stopped it spinning. The two climbed on and got ready.

"Fast or super fast?" Kipo smirked.

"Superfast!" The two yelled clutching on even tighter. Kipo lightly laughed as pink hair sticking out of her legs.

"Hold on," she sang then started running. Slow at first, the quickly getting faster. The two started cheering, and Kipo jumped onto the roundabout clutching the poles.

Everything around them blurred together as their insides sloshed from the speed. Benson's and Wolf's heads started getting light.

"I think that's enough," Bensons forced down vomit. Kipo dragged her foot on the ground and the marygoround slowed. Wolf jumped off and laid on the ground watching the world spin around her. Benson rolled off and joined Wolf. Kipo laughed as she stopped the roundabout.

"You two okay?"

"How... do you go- so fast?" Benson asked closing his eyes.

"Lots of practice," Kipo forced a laugh.

"That's not human speed!" Wolf yelled.

"Who do we have here?" A familiar voice spoke. The three kids jumped and looked over at the small group of adults.

"I remember you," Kipo said glaring at the recognizable thin statch.

"Good, then you know why we're gonna beat the shit out of you," he smirked patting a baseball bat on his shoulder. Benson's eyes went wide and he backed away.

"I don't believe we've met," he said with a grin. The man just smiled as two others got closer to them.

"Can't we just forget about that and move on, before anyone gets hurt?" Kipo asked slowly grabbing Wolf's arm and pulling her back.

"Get em'," the man said. The other two grabbed Benson and Wolf. The teens struggled to get out.

"Leave them alone," Kipo said as a guttural grunt echoed from her vocals. The Jaguar bitting at her subconscious. Trying to get out.

"Or what, your gonna hurt us?" The man teased.

"I don't want to hurt anybody." Kipo bit back the clawing under her skin. The man scoffed and swung the bat at her. Kipo ducked and tackled him. Pink fury ears sticking from her head as sharp teeth bared at him.

"What the fuck!?" He yelled trying to get her off. He reached for the bat he dropped. Kipo grabbed it and slammed it against the ground. It snapped in half. Her eyes were slit green.

"You're a monster!" The man yelled. Pushing Kipo away. Kipo snarled at him and stood on all fours ready to pounce. Everyone was frozen at the sight.

"Leave us alone!" Kipo snapped clawing at the adults.

"Jack, what do we do?" A skinny man asked.

"Run!" He called. The large woman and the skinny man dropped the kids and the three took off.

"Kipo, what is going on?" Benson asked. Kipo fell onto her side as the jaguar faded from sight.

"We need to bring her home!" Benson said rushing to her side.

"We, I'm not going near whatever that thing is!" Wolf called backing away.

"This is Kipo, the only person who talks to fuck ups like us! We need to help." Wolf looked at Kipo as she was slowly back away. Then she ran away. Benson growled out then picked up Kipo, and brought her home.