Chapter 15

Kipo sat in a chair watching as her parents went through the release forms. Leo went up to Kipo with a smile.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Do I have to see them?"

"It is Wednesday, and you need to talk about what happened." Kipo reluctantly agreed then stood up.

"Okay, I'm ready," she said following Leo out of the hospital and into the car.

Song gently grabbed Kipo's shoulders.

"You'll be okay," Song said, kissing Kipo's cheek, then ushering her into the car.

Once everyone was buckled, Leo started to the building. Song brought Kipo up to the office sitting her in the seat. They smiled at the other parents waiting for their child to come out.

"Just breath, and stay calm. Your gonna be okay," Leo said gently rubbing Kipo's back. She weakly smiled up at her father.

"Kipo!" Bev called out as she held the door open.

The other child went up to her parents. Kipo went up to the lady and they walked to the couches.

"Good afternoon Kipo," Ida greeted with a grin.

"Hey,"

"So let's start with the easy stuff. How are your friends?" Florabel asked.

Kipo sighed with a smile.

"They're great. They came to see me every chance they got."

"How is school going?" Bev spoke up, Interrupting kipos thoughts.

"I'm passing every class, and the teachers are great." Kipo forced her smile to stay.

The women may be blind, but they can always tell when Kipo's mood changes.

"Have you been journaling?" Ida asked smiling at Kipo.

"No, I tried to a few times, but I can't think of anything." The room went quiet as the women silently

"How scared were you?" Florabel asked.

Kipo dropped the fake smile. Tears swelled in her eyes as she remembered being locked inside that cage... Hopeless.

"A lot, I was ready to give up." She bit back a cry, staring at her feet.

"What was it like to be in a cage?" Bev asked. A lump blocked Kipo's breathing.

"I could barely move, she had my hands tied. You can't see it but my wrists are bruised and blistered." Kipo forced herself to say, as the familiar bubbling rumbled deep inside her.

"What happened to you when you were there?" Ida asked.

Kipo forced down the growing anger.

"She mostly kept us locked up. Gave me anesthetics a few times. One time she let me out of the cage fully awake. She wanted to test my stamina and speed, so she had me run on a treadmill. I got so exhausted I fell and got hurt."

"How so?" Florabel urged.

"I got a few cuts and bruises. Nothing serious." Kipo brushed away the question.

"What about mentally. Being locked in that cage couldn't have been easy?" Bev spoke up.

"It wasn't. I gave in to her using me as a test rat. I always try to stay positive."

A sob slipped from Kipos lips.

"But I couldn't, I was so scared that something would happen to me, to Wolf.  I had to do it, so she would be safe." Another sob interrupted her.