Chapter 14

Kipo lay on the hospital bed, connected to monitors, and with an IV in her arm. Her parents sat at her side.

She had woken up in a panic on the way to the hospital when the anesthesia wore off. Then was calmed down by the paramedics. Then she fell asleep from the exhaustion. Her wounds were re-cleaned and patched up. Her blood was drawn to run a drug test. And the doctors ran other standard tests.
_______________

"Hey," a soft timid voice called along with knocking.

Asher walked into the room with Dahlia behind her. The twins couldn't take their eyes off of Kipo. Asher almost broke down crying again, seeing her lying there. Dahlia grabbed their hand.

"The doctors say she's going to be okay... physically at least."

"And the girl that was with her?" Dahlia asked.

"Her adoptive parents are being arrested for child neglect and endangerment. The poor thing was so skinny," Song sighed.

Asher slowly stepped closer to Kipo reaching out and gently taking her hand.

"What if Kipo isn't the same when she wakes up?" Asher said, fighting the tears in their eyes, looking down at the girl who always made them smile.

"We need to be patient with her, even if she is the same Kipo. We asked the girl what happened, but she refused to talk, to anyone." Leo said gently placing a hand on Asher's shoulder.

"Your right. I just can't stop thinking about how she collapsed."

A soft sob fell from Asher, and Leo pulled them into a hug. Song pulled a chair up to the bed and gently sat Asher down. Dahlia stood just behind the chair holding onto their shoulders, as Leo hugged Song. The room fell quiet as they watched Kipo lay there.
____________________

Kipo's heart monitor was the only sound in the room. Song and Lio went out of the room to talk with the Doctor, as the Twins sat silently watching her. Kipo's hand would twitch now and then. The doctor said it was cause she is dreaming. Everyone hoped they were pleasant dreams.

"Is she okay?" Song asked as she walked into the room.

Dahlia weakly smiled up at her and nodded. Song went up to her daughter and held her hand. The monitor's beeping got faster. Everyone jumped up, and the Docter rushed in with Lio.

"Give her some space," the Docter said silencing the machine.

Kipo's eyes squeezed, as her breathing quickened.

"What's wrong?" Everyone asked.

"Most likely a nightmare," the doctor said.

Everyone was relieved on it wasn't life-threatening, but the ache stayed. Asher reached over to Kipo.

"Don't wake her up, it will pass on its own," the doctor said smiling at the family.

Kipo let out a soft whine as her body relaxed again. The room fell quiet.

"Wolf..." Kipo muttered as she covered her eyes.

Everyone wanted to rush over to the girl, but the Docter blocked everyone back.

"Where..." Kipo mumbled.

The doctor turned around as Kipo forced her eyes open, blocking the light.

"You're in the hospital," the Docter smiled.

Kipo groaned out as she pushed herself up, rubbing her eyes.

"Where is the girl?" Kipo asked with a rough voice.

"She is safe," the doctor said.

Kipo looked around the room at everyone. Tears fell when she met her parent's eyes. They hugged her.