Chapter 17

Her hand was clamped over my mouth, the only reason i hadn't collapsed was because i was preserving the little slithers of oxygen that had slipped though her fingers. I gave up screaming. My cries weren't ever going to be enough to fight her. They had never been enough to fight off the evil cackle of Bellatrix. Her cackle still haunted my nightmares from time to time, it reminded me of the way she danced for joy as she struck Ginny Weasley right in the chest. Her wand was positioned at my throat, she was forcing it against the lump i had tried to gulp down. There was no winning this one. My memory flashed with the Hall of Prophecy. I blinked away my tears before they trickled down my cheeks at the thought of my brother.

Her deathly breath hovered by my ear as she spoke in a hushed tone. " Marrying my Nephew are we Potter? Who would have thought." She chuckled as her wand slid up the side of my neck, the tip rested on my temple. " What a shame it would be in an unfortunate accident took place..."

" Please..." was what i tried to mumble out, however it was blocked by her and never reached father then my lips. From her tone, she knew this was set up.

" With my traitorous sister not around any longer, Draco will have no one to fall back on apart from me. So i would make wise decision if i were you Potter."

These were one of the times i begged for Draco to return. Yet he never did. Instead i was greeted with his father, eyeing me up and down with the same mischievous smirk Draco had fifth year. "Bellatrix, let the poor girl go," He said solemnly, prying her dishevelled fingers away from my mouth. He let his thumb glide across my bottom lip as i froze still at the feeling of Bella's wand digging father into my temple.

" Annual visit Bella? How generous of you." I could pluck Draco's voice out from any crowd. It was easily recognised. "Will the pair of you, leave her alone."

In an instant, both took a step away from me. His own father and aunt, both previously deranged lunatics, obeyed his word. His footsteps crept closer, closer, closer, until a hand slithered around my waist and pulled my to his side. He hadn't told them. His fingertips dug into my waist, prompting my grimace to switch to a pleasant smile. I could tell neither of us enjoyed playing this act, that he had designed.

Bellatrix's eyebrow twitched as she noticed my
expression changed, where as Lucius was oblivious to any sort of small detail, i remember that from second year, when harry and i were coincidently in Dumbledore's office at the same time he had walked in. He had brushed right over the fact I had a shiny silver sword in my hand and Harry's existence all
together. He was only interested as what i know now as, one of the seven items that allowed the succession of world domination. And the death of my brother.

He planted a forceful kiss on my other temple, sending more of a pain then Bella's wand had. "There's a present for you down stairs." His face glinted with sinister pride. The only way down from here, was the cellar. He released me from his suffocating grip and span me in the direction of the stairs.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

My hand followed the curl of the banister until i reached the bottom step. I pulled at the lock, fiddling with it until it fell to the floor. I used my shoulder to push against the door. A cloud of dust fogged my vision. An first sight, the roomed appeared empty. i furrowed my brows, reluctant to step in incase it was some sort of plan the trio had devised following my
sudden hatred toward his actual wife.

A muffled mumble echoed around the hall, followed by the clattering of chains on the floor. I followed the sounds around to the corner where a single candle was flickering , trying to beat the draught that was breaking through the cracked window.

" Oh fucking hell." My heart dropped as my eyes fell
on a beaten, battered and worn George Weasley. His hair was messed, pointing in every direction, one of his eyes was swollen with a ring of purple and green around it, the other tightly closed. His lip was busted, evident from the trail of dried blood down his chin. They were only the main details i was able to pick out, the rest of his face was cut, bruised, scratched, to the point it was almost unrecognisable. His hands were cuffed behind his back and attached to the wall by a long thick chain. "George?"

He fought so hard, yet only a mumble escaped. Draco had put a silencing charm on him. I fumbled around my pockets for my wand, however my heart sunk a little father as i realised it was on my dresser. George started frantically nodding toward the floor, his mumbling getting louder, the chains shaking from his battle with them. My eyes fell and i noticed a twisted wooden handle sliding from his pockets. I swiped it up and without hesitation broke the charm, followed by the chain at the wall.

"Blair," he mumbled, throwing himself at me and swallowing me up in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his chest, ensuring i was gentle, not knowing the damage that had been inflicted. I felt him wince  a little and my fingers grazed his prominent spine, but he just pulled me closer instead of making a fuss.

" George? How are you here? I thought you-"

" Were dead?"

I nodded slowly as he let out a broken chuckle.

" Not quite love, not quite." I tore myself away from his and let my fingers carefully run down his battered face. His lips twitched into a smile as he brought his hand on top of mine and closed his eye.
" I missed you so much Blair."