11

eleven

Two bodies lay at the bottom of the stairs, their blood soaking into the carpet

Two bodies lay at the bottom of the stairs, their blood soaking into the carpet. I wish I had more for a reaction but it was becoming normal to see the dead around me. Carefully I stepped over them, trying not to fall.

Stefan sat on the sofa watching three girls play twister, all had bite marks on different parts of their bodies.
"There's room for one more" he told him grinning.

I stared at him, unblinking. "Damon what would you do if Stefan just happened to fall onto something sharp?" I called over to him.

"Depends where" he answered.
"Haven't decided yet" I hummed.

Someone knocked, hard, onto the door. Damon walked across the room to answer it. When his back was turned, Stefan winked at me, in response I held up my middle finger. Already planning his 'accident' when I heard two pairs of footsteps.

"Where's Stefan?".
Rebekah and Annelise, walked through the door both carrying a bag. The first looked to Stefan and the second looked around the room.
"our bastard brother left us" Rebekah said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care" Stefan shrugged.
"You're Klaus's sisters?" Damon asked.

Annelise turned to face Damon for the first time, and looked him up and down, I rocked forward a step, shocked at the reaction. "Annelise and this is Rebekah" The blonde beside her smiled.
"Where are our rooms? Rather not share" Rebekah asked.

"You're staying here?" Damon asked.
"You're not staying here" Stefan says at the same time

"Rude. Both of you" she addresses the brother. "Emilia right?, You live here too?"
Stefan answered, "No but she has enough sleepovers with my brother".

"Watch your game" I hissed, waving to the girls on the floor.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──

I scrolled around the gardens of the boarding house, kicking a stone as I walked. I sighed, dialling Elena's number. It was the first day of the new school year, and it was also Elena's anniversary with Stefan.

"Checking up on me?" she asked laughing.
"Kind of but mostly to warn you" I told her, "Annalise and Rebekah have moved in".
"They're living there now? Why?" she asked.

"Klaus left them, that's all I know" I told her, "I think it might have something to do with whatever Damon and Katherine found".

"What about Stefan? What's he up to?" she asked.
"Being an ass but nothing to report" I said. Telling her about the girls both dead and alive wouldn't do any good.
"I can handle the truth Em" Elena sighed.