03

three

After the fire at The Grill, I couldn't sleep, all I saw over and over was Matt dying and Caroline saving him. Now he knew everything and no one could find him. That same night Isobel, Elena's birth mother showed up.

Katherine was out of the tomb and hiding from John and Isobel, saying she wanted to help us with Klaus. I had heard the stories about her and what she did. She knew enough about originals so she was allowed to stay.

Elena, Stefan and I were sat in the library, Damon had just returned from cleaning up the apartment of the witches that were helping Elijah, both had died last night trying to get Elijah back.

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelganger?" Elena asked.
" Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning" Stefan said.

Damon lay relaxed, I sat on the arm of the chair. "You know, you should just stay here. It's better for us to keep an eye on you".
"What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No. Her house is safer" Stefan disagreed.
"There's my house" I offered, "Only you guys and Elijah can get in?".
"Well, then we'll stay there" Damon shrugged.

"Wait, I said Elena could stay not the vampire bodyguard service"
"Let me know when you come up with something better" he smiled.

"Fine. Then one of you two bodyguards is gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood luncheon" Elena sighed.

"That'd be me" Stefan said.
"Not me. I have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie" Damon said.
"And I need to find Matt" I added.

Elena looked to Damon, "Does that mean that you're taking her to the...". He held his finger to his lip. Katherine walked into the room.

"Don't get quiet on my account. If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell" Damon looked at Stefan. " Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, a werewolf, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me"

"No, we have it. It's in a very safe place" Damon told her
" I've been honest with you. Time to return the favour" she said.
" Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust"
" Fine. Be that way" she said and left the room.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

I had drove all over town looking for Matt, my last stop was the Lockwood house, Caroline had been here looking for him early in the day but didn't find him, luck was on my side, I found him pacing in front of a police car. "Matt" I called running to him, "Thank god I found you I was so worried".

He held me still with hand one and moved my head to the side with the other, checking my throat and neck. "Matt" I pushed him away, "What's gotten in to you?".
"Did they do anything to you?" he asked.
"Who" I asked confused.