10

ten

Senior prank night was normally what everyone looked forward too, the award for reaching the final year of high school

Senior prank night was normally what everyone looked forward too, the award for reaching the final year of high school. This year was different, and everyone felt it.

Stefan was still with Klaus and now Damon had left town with Katherine. Still Caroline had made everyone take part, and no one can say no to her. Even if you left high school years ago.

I had been sent on a supply run, leaving my car I walked through the dimly lit car park. Through the school windows I saw flashlight move, clearly everyone was busy at work.

Smiling i carried on my way, stopping when I saw what looked like a person. They moved and stepped into the light.

"Excuse me"

The voice was female, British.

She had blonde hair that feel down to her hips, it had a slight curl to it and her eyes were a familiar brown. Alarm bells rang in my head. My body tingled with the urge to fight and run at the same time.
She looked at with interest, I looked back, not daring to look away.
"Yes" I said, answering her question that still hung in the air between us.

"You wouldn't happen to be Emilia" she asked.
My breathing stilled, her voice was Klaus' but the eyes were Elijah's. She was a prefect mix of them both. I met her gaze, without any weapon I had no hope of wounding her enough to get away or was I fast enough to try and run.

The only way she'd know me would be if the others were here too, so Klaus would know Elena was alive. I needed to get to her and the others, and the only thing in my way was the smiling vampire in front of me.

"I think you know already" I breathed.
Her face lit up, she was beautiful, there was no other way of seeing her. I could see how young she was too, unlike the other Mikaelsons I had met. "You're right, I do but I believed it was polite to ask".

"I'd like you all to meet my sisters Rebekah and Annelise. Word of warning... they can be quite mean" Klaus said, at the other end of the gym, another blonde who must be Rebekah drags in Tyler.

"Don't be an ass" Rebekah frowned, throwing Tyler to Klaus.
Annelise lets me go, Bonnie, Matt and Elena are also in the gym. Along with two other students.

"Leave him alone!" Elena yells.
"I'm going to make this very simple... Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually" Klaus said, holding Tyler by the neck, he bits his wrist, then forces Tyler drink his blood, then kills him.
"I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake... You better hurry".

Matt knelt by Tyler's body, "He killed him". The originals were still watching us,
"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire" I told him, getting him to stand.
"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires. and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena... For safe-keeping"