01

one

shoeless I sat in the back of a car, knife still in my hand

shoeless I sat in the back of a car, knife still in my hand. I could feel everyone watching me, the brothers were in the front of the car Elena sat next to me. Damon was watching me most of all, "You can keep your eyes up front" I warned Damon pointing at him with the knife.

Through the wingmirror Damon rolled his eyes, "sorry we disturb your one night stand with an original, sweetheart".

I grinned holding my middle finger up to him, I turned to Elena. "You can tell me if this is a welcome home prank, I swear I'll act shocked".
"It's real, every single thing" she said.
"Great" I sighed, "So this happens a lot?".

"You could say that" Stefan answered.
"You know I can fix that" Damon said cheerfully.

I pointed the knife at him again,   "Ready for round two when you are".

Damon turned to Stefan looking pissed, "And why did we agree to bring her along, again?".
"Because now Elijah invited into her house she's not safe" he replied.

I laughed, loudly, everyone looked at me again, "I spent a full night with him if he was going to try anything, he would have done it then". I couldn't understand why they were still looking at me that way, "Would you stop looking at me like I'm crazy and tell me what's happening!" I yelled.

When we got to Elena's house, we went alone to her room where she told me everything. Vampires, werewolves, witches and everything else that happens in Mystic Falls. I had missed so much, her parents deaths, Viki going missing and my friend turning into a vampire.

Then she explained the original family, the deal with Elijah and about a Klaus who was after Elena. She had panicked after finding out he was with me, and didn't know how it would affect the deal.

"Maybe I should have stayed away" I said, regretting my choice not for the first time that morning.
"No, I'm glad you did" she said holding my hand. It was sweet, despite the age difference I was close with Elena and the others, mostly thanks to her relationship with Matt. "The others are going to want to see you too".

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Grumbling looking down at the shoes Elena lent me, I wished I was somewhere else. Adjusting to a new supernatural world was one thing, it was another to do it in the company of a walking pain in the ass.

Elena was willing to stay behind but I could tell she wanted to keep her plans to go away with Stefan. Still worried over my safety, Damon had been tasked with 'babysitting' me. His plans weren't going to change, so wearing the wrong shoes I stood in the Lockwood Manion, hoping I won't run into my ex.

"Surprise your boyfriend is here" he said, wanting me to react.
"You care a lot about my romantic life for someone I've just met".

"Oh my god Emmy is that you" Jenna, Elena's aunt, came from around the corner pulling me into a embrace. Then she saw I was standing with Damon, "What are you doing here?".