07

seven

 I had decide to leave everything behind, let it gather dust, let the house and all it held rot away, it would be like I had died too

I had decide to leave everything behind, let it gather dust, let the house and all it held rot away, it would be like I had died too. Maybe I should have died in the accident with my parents.
I wondered how long they would try and reach me or if they would just accepted I ran again, running was becoming second nature to me.

There was a knocking at the door followed by a sound of pain. I opened the door but left the screen door shut. Damon had one hand leaning on the house wall and the other pressed into his body. I looked him up and down, he looked like shit, sweaty and paler than normal.

"What are you doing here?"
His chest started to move faster, "I needed to see you".
"You know Matt knew everything right?" I watched his mood change, he froze the only movements were his eyes blinking.

"He told me. About Vik" I exhaled pushing down a cry. "Why didn't you? Or anyone for that matter?".
He frowned totally unprepared.
I laughed bitterly. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Killing my cousin wasn't enough? You lied and got me to help you with everything and I hate you for that".

"I'm sorry" he said.
I wiped away a tear, "sure you are".

I half shut the door and then opened it again. "Also I'm leaving. You're welcome to tell the others why". Then I shut the door, falling to my knees, letting the sobs leave my body not caring if Damon was still there hearing me still.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"What is it?" I sighed in annoyance. Ric had tried to call me over seven times.
"Em?" he asked.
"I'm not in the mood to talk just ask Damon to fill you in" I sighed.
"That's why I'm calling". I could hear the worry in his voice as well as grief, "He's missing".

I laughed, "He's probably just causing trouble. He'll be back in no time".
"Tyler bit him".

I frozen.

He was dying, it made sense he looked like death when I had sent him away. I wanted to hate him, wanted to hate them all but I still couldn't but I couldn't stay.

"I'll help look".

Ric sighed, "Thank you. We don't have long left, Em. Stefan's trying to get a cure from Klaus but I don't know if he'll help ".

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The whole of the town was out and dressed in 1800s clothes, a massive screen had been set up in the middle of the squad playing some movie I didn't recognise.
I parked up near the townhall and started my search, the darker it got the harder it was to see, I was behind the screen when I heard a noise.

Looking around I couldn't see anything or anyone, suddenly I was seeped off my feet, gasping for air as I was forced against a tree. I fought against their hold then looked up, Damon.
He looked worse than he did when I last saw him earlier in the day.