05

five

I woke curled up in my bed still wearing my party clothes, the ringing of my phone pulled me from bed and downstairs where I'd left it, I didn't make it in time, five other missed calls greeted me on my screen

Stefan's name flashes on my screen again, I answered, before I could speak he launched into questioning me about Elena, if I had seen her, if I knew where she was.

"Elena's missing?" I said, my mind waking up.
"So is Elijah" Stefan said after a long silence.
I was silent. Elijah being awake could be bad for me, he might still hold a grudge for what I did. He had already been invited in, making my house unsafe.

"Emilia? Are you still there?" Stefan said worried.
"Yeah" I was quiet again, "I'm on my way to you now".

I dressed as fast as I could, dark blue jeans, a dark green turtleneck and black boots. I drove fast, my jeep crying out every time I pressed down on the gas, I didn't even bother parking properly, just jumped out of the car when I got to the boarding house.

Stefan was on the phone when I walked through the doors, Damon held his hand up before I could talk. He put the phone down.
"Did she just hang up on you?" Damon asked.
"She did" Stefan confirmed.
"But is she okay?" I asked.

They filled me in on what had happened, early in the morning Elena had gone down into the basement and woke Elijah up, the two left to talk. Elena wanted to find a way to both save Bonnie and kill Klaus, she hoped Elijah was still willing to help.

"She's lost it, that's what" Damon said.
"If anyone can get him to help us kill Klaus, it's her" Stefan said putting his phone down.
"Bonnie's the way to kill Klaus, Stefan. He thinks she's dead we've a chance with her" Damon argued.
"She'll kill herself in the process. Elena's looking for another way" Stefan replied.  
"Her way is gonna get her killed. So we need to find her and stop her" Damon said standing up.
"Oh for god sake" I yelled getting both brothers attention. "Elena can handle herself, trust her and leave her the hell alone".

Neither brother argued back, I sat back down, "good".

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Jenna phoned shortly after when she couldn't find Jeremy or Elena, she said she had plans to meet with who she thought was Ric. Stefan begged her not to go meet him, in exchange he promised to tell her everything.

"You think she'll take it well?" I asked Stefan walking to the door.
"I hope so, as long as Klaus is in Ric's body everyone is in danger" Stefan said knocking on the door.
Jenna opened the door straight away. I smiled, "Hey Jenna".

"Thank you so much for not going to the Grill" Stefan said walking into the house.
I hugged Jenna, "everything's going to be okay".