Chapter 18: Ignorance

Ignored. He felt ignored by the one person he had given his heart to. She was reason his heart had been going all nuclear in his chest for the past 6 months that she had been around. She was the first one that he wanted to give his lonely heart to. She was the first one he felt something so strongly for.

But now, all the suspended manager could do was sigh as he kept an empty glass of whiskey at the bar. Yes. He was drinking. Where? In hotel's bar. Why? Simple. He had free drinks for lifetime after he helped the bar manager cover up for a big mistake.

So, there he was. Super drunk and glaring at the figure of the one who broke his heart. Did he have any bad or negative thoughts in his mind? About a million when she saw her smile after all that he had gone through for her. Was he going to act upon them?

?

No. He didn't have the guts to go up to her and express his feelings after all that happened. She knew but she was acting normal, ignoring his feelings and it really sucked but that man wasn't one to do those bad things. He could only think and gulp down glasses of alcohol one after the other to soothe his aching heart a little and kept staring at her figure. Wherever she went. Whether to serve, or to stand back and chat up a little with her friends, his eyes were stuck to her. And sure, there were many people who were worried about his health, especially a particular woman whose gaze was fixed right back at him but he wasn't going to stop. Everyone knew. He had really really liked that girl who just blew him up to be with a rich man.

He understood why. That man was rich, very rich and he could provide his love much more than what he could provide.

But he had always thought that she was one of those strong women who didn't really care about money. So, why? Why was she doing something to make her character seem so vulgar in front of his eyes when he knew that she wasn't like that?

He didn't understand.

Nor did he understand it when he saw them clash. Watching from one corner of the eye, he only ever saw how a tall dark figure walked in front of her and stopped. He saw how they both only stared at each other for the longest time, as if they had known each other for their entire life and all he felt was anger surge through his veins.

So, did he go ahead and start a fight?
No. He only grabbed an entire bottle of vodka from behind the bar and and began gulping it down with no care about his health or anything else. All that was going through his head was that face of hers and that look that she gave that other man.

But well. It wasn't the same for her or the rich man because they didn't know what to do with each other.

Sure, he knew that he loved the woman standing in front of him with a tray and sure he knew her entire past but, somehow felt the need to ignore her. Didn't know how to ignore his feelings or dancing heart when he came in front of her. All he knew was that she was from a completely different world than his. There was no way that even if he tried, they could be together. Besides, he didn't even know if she liked him back or not.

So, he had ignored her. For the past 2 days, he had ignored her in the hotel and decided to act like there was nothing between them, something that surely hurt her.

She wanted to know why she wasn't welcomed in his bedroom at night anymore and if what they had was only restricted to her telling him her story. It hurt, honestly when she knocked over his door 2 nights ago and was shut out. Probably, he wanted to finish the ordeal between them and get rid of her. But, she still wanted answers. So, she stood in her place, strongly. And she stared right into his eyes, asking millions of questions. Begging him to tell her what was happening but all he ever did was stare right back at her with a gaze that she didn't recognize. Love? Or the gaze of her being the inferior one? She couldn't come to a conclusion at all and wild thoughts were hitting her head when she heard that statement.

" BHAI! Great. I found you here. Baba has been calling you like crazy! LISTEN, GUYS! THERE'S A GOOD NEWS! SOHIT BHAI'S WEDDING DATE IS FIXED! HE'S GETTING MARRIED IN 3 MONTHS TO ADITI!"

Fear.

There was fear in 2 hearts, anger in one and just, light happiness in all the other hearts that were present in the bar that night.

The party soon enough roared loud in happiness but there were two hearts, aching as they looked at each other. One with guilt and the other with disbelief.

Yes. Disbelief.
She was in disbelief that the only man she ever felt for and the only man she could open up to... His marriage was fixed. No, it wasn't his fault. She knew that much. It was his father's, she could give that old man that much of a break. He had daddy issues and a controlling father. And she was just a maid who ran away from her home. She had no family, no money, and God knows what all she had been upto till then. She... She knew all that.

But those silent messages... Those deep conversations... Those eyes filled with love as they looked at her. She felt for that person. Not as excessively but sure she had strong feelings too.

She didn't have a future with him nevertheless of how much she thought about it though... She would not go back and stay with him in a fancy mansion and he wouldn't leave his dream job for her. Even if they took this any further, the chances were that their sweet, heartfelt love would soon enough be destroyed and forgotten. She had seen enough broken marriages in her life...

And the gravity of the situation was that her heart had landed on something that she could never have. Maybe, he could come and meet her once or twice an year but what next? Could they have something? With his family already hating the guts of her... Could they?
Probably not.

All he could be to her, and all she could be to him was their one true, first, unreachable love.

That's why, even if she had tears that night in her eyes as she hung her head low in front of him and tried to hide her face from his, he wasn't able to do anything. He wanted to walk up to her and wipe her tears. He wanted to hold her in his arms but his brain told him that it would be wrong to do something like that.

" C-congrats..."