Chapter 7: Money

" Why am I here?" She frowned in her sleep as she felt a stare at her face and dreamt of the events that unfolded the previous night.
" Company policy, remember?"
The bone crushing feeling of pleasure that she felt the previous night, it was still lingering in her insides as well as over her skin. The pretty red dress that once remained over her body was now crumbled as it laid over the floor. The wine that she brought over to get him drunk with still remained untouched in its tray while the food was finished by the time she had felt a finger work its way up.

Tiredness and soreness is a common feeling every virgin gets after her first night ends and that is what the woman covered with hickeys was currently feeling. A rumbling effect in her stomach, a few bubbles in her mind and definitely the want for more. A want that remained constant even after her eyes fluttered open that morning and found themselves staring right at his smiling face.

" I thought we agreed that you weren't a sell out," that smile. That bloody old smile of victory over his face that made her want to smack it right off of him made her blood boil. She wasn't scared, not even in that condition. Rather, she was fuming with anger that laid right on the tip of her nose as she grabbed the blanket over her and covered her body protectively

" Company protocols,"
" Yeah. Right. I get it. Extra money in the side. Who cares where it came from, right?"
" I did not do it for money,"
" Here. This is 40. You'll get sixty after you give me more," the sheer confidence of the man baffled and irritated the young woman at the same time. He was handing her a big fat check of 40 thousand rupees as well as asking her for more. And the smirk was not helping her pride either.
But then, she sat up on the bed, stared at him for the longest time and snatched the check from his hands. The sense of morality she had had now disappeared in front of the power of money. She needed it and desperately wanted it.
" There will be no more. I don't want 60 for anything more. This is enough," as she held that check in her hands, 40 thousand rupees only, a few tears lingered around her eyes. They weren't there because she had sold out her virginity nor were they there because it hurt her dignity. They were only there because she remembered years ago when she had once seen her father slip a check of a few thousands to her and since that day, this was the first time that she had seen so much money, in her hands.

" There will be more. Whether you like it or not," but the happiness was short-lived for a young, dumb man still wanted something from her that she wasn't ready to give
" Hey! Give that back!" She retailed to keep her ground though and moved closer to the man who snatched the piece of paper from her hands. It might have been nothing much for him to give but for her, it was 6 months worth of extra pocket money that she wanted to save.
Unfortunately, her swinging her body towards him ended up being a bad move for her because her breasts slammed over his face while she tried to grab the piece of paper and that made her back off from him.

" Well. That was a nice little... bonus. Might consider giving you a few thousands more," It wasn't like she wanted that money anymore because now, she was only clutching and hiding her chest behind her arms in embarrassment. Now, she was only glaring at that man in disbelief and anger.

Money, it was a material thing. But money was one such thing that without which, nothing worked. Even water, a necessity for life is not possible to get without money for anyone. So, you might consider her selfish but she knew that she was only doing it to survive in that world. If she had the money, she had the upper hand and she really needed to get that upper hand.

" What do you from me?!" But she had also understood that there was some meaning behind that evil smirk of his. She so screamed, indicating that if he tried anything else, she would not think twice before hurting anyone.

" Your story,"
.
.
.
.
.
.
Never in her life had she expected to hear that come from any person that she met.
" Huh?" Because she knew that most didn't want to know the dark days that she had witnessed. The dark past that haunted her... She didn't think that anyone wanted to know about it. The bad days and terrorizing nights were something that her heart had been aching to tell someone about. But she had never received a listener and now that he was looking at her with that all-knowing, deep look, she knew that she finally had an idiot who would listen.

" The reason why you ended up here. Did you commit a murder or ran away with a guy or something?" This time, he saw how her body language changed from defensive to straight. He saw how she didn't care if he could see them anymore and how a small little frown had taken over her forehead. As if she were to be thinking something deep. And catching on the vibe, he decided to frown a little too. Just, for the sake of it and to look far more serious about the topic than he initially intended to be

" Why?" Still, she had doubts. Why would a stranger want to know. And why the stranger who got her to sleep before asking her that question. If he really wanted to know, she knew that he could just ask before that night happened between them. So, why? Was a big question in her head.
" I want to write a book," their eyes clashed this time as they remained in the same position. Their gazes trying to figure out what the other person would do next. She was trying to decide if he was telling her the truth and he was trying to guess whether or not she would agree

" You are not a writer," she commented as she no longer kept her small doubt to herself
" I want to be one. Just, lack inspiration at the moment," was his simple, straightforward answer but it only made her roll her eyes at him
" Wannabe," his eyes widened when he saw her look away from him because that word was not something a poor maid would or could use. The language. The way she behaved. He could make it out that either she was or she had been rich. Especially by the way she took things easy.

As she pulled one of those beautiful hair strands behind one of her ears and just emptily stared at the room in front of her, she could feel that strong stare that he had over her.

" There are many more in this hotel who have better stories than me for you to write about," and when she tried to get up, he knew that he wasn't letting her go that easy.
" I want to know your story," The way he said those words were enough to convince even an idiot so what was she? A woman who drowned into his green eyes and decided to sit back on his bed. Just a woman with a story that he wanted everyone to know about.

" You have a cigarette?"