Chapter 14: Stupid

" SOHIT!" He was only ever casually sitting on his bed, staring at the all the details that the woman had given him, waiting for her to return for that night so that he could skip going to the loud, obnoxious boat party that his cousin was having that night. Waiting for his muse to come back into his room so that he could continue.

And that is when he got that call.

That one dreaded call that he just ignored in the start but later, due to a constant feeling of guilt, picked it up.

And you could just guess who was on the other side of the call...

" I TOLD YOU! I told you that I have your marriage fixed! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FOOLING AROUND WITH THAT STUPID MAID THEN?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID TO SHAURYA TODAY!?" He eyes squinted and his hands just automatically held that annoying piece of technology away from his poor ears that were now bursting and threatening to break their ear drums.

The worst part?
He didn't even get to say hello.
His father just began shouting, all at once.

And he desperately wanted to shut the call over his father's face but as the old man kept ranting about the insolent maid that he been seeing for the past few days, all he ever did was keep his phone away from his ears and try to keep his mind clear.

" SHE. SHE'S A NUISANCE TO THIS WORLD! AND YOU ARE SEEING HER NOW?! IF SOLANKI FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS NA, YOU WOULD BE SO DEAD!" and just when he thought that his brain would burst out if he heard anymore of that bullshit, the door opened, and in came a maid. Actually, she was more of a maiden in his eyes, even if she was holding a tray of random food and was wearing a pair of jeans. She still seemed so much like a maiden and her presence alone maid him forget about the irritating call that he was on.

" ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!"
" Huh?" You think he reacted to what his father asked? No. He reacted to the small signal he received by a girl who had nothing good on her mind. He reacted to the naughty finger that was calling him towards a body, as if their bodies were magnets.

" SOHIT!"
" HUH? YES! Ahem. Yes, baba. Y-yeah. I-im on here," his body shook up, and his eyes widened as he cleared his throat multiple times and rubbed the back of his head. Didn't know what he was supposed to do but he was definitely watching her. Watching her body, watching her plump butt that was faced towards his face. Yes, she was probably seducing him but, it was working. He was like a fish in the sea, especially when he saw her flick her hair behind her and look up at him with a sharp smile.

" 1 or 2?"
" Huh?" God. Was she trained in some prostitution center? He didn't understand why the hell he was getting turned on that hard. Every word she said seemed sexy now.
" Sugar spoons. Sir..." and that tone. Probably, his father on the other line also got a boner by listening to that because he definitely got one big boner.

" SOHIT!" But this time, his mother's voice cut through his escapade and nothing breaks a sexy scene like including your mother in it. Listening to her voice was like an immediate cooling down because all the turning on that the maid had worked on... It came off. And now, he looked back at the phone that was kept far away from his face.

" Yes. Ma?" He asked in a normal tone
" I don't normally do this. AND I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH YOU DATING ANYONE-"
" SHUBHA!"
" But I have a big issue with that girl! How dare she... HOW DARE SHE HIT YOUR BROTHER IN THE BALLS!? BREAK IT OFF WITH THAT. THAT STUPID WITCH RIGHT NOW!" Ok. Now was the best point to tell you guys that he didn't know. And that coming from his mother... It just felt more fucked up in every aspect at that point. He felt weird in his body and for a moment, he shivered, just to get rid of the feeling.

Ugh. His mother said that.

Even the maid was surprised that his mother knew it because generally, if something like that ever happened, it would be between the girl, the hurt man and the doctor.

" You... You what?" The phone wasn't even cut but the silence was killing him. It wasn't something omnious, but rather, surprisingly funny. No, he wasn't angry. He sounded amused. And by the looks of it, he seemed to be on the verge of laughing. Yeah. She could see those happy wrinkles on the corner of his lips very damn well.

" I did do that," but she was weirded out too about the entire situation. Why would his parents know? She couldn't understand.
" But before you jump on any conclusions," innocently, before anyone could comment further, she put her hands forth and walked up to
" I did it for self defense. He was kinda all over me and I felt kinda... A little threatened. So... There's this. You know. Big, magical word I read in school..."
" Pfft. Right. Like a woman like you even went to school! I bet it was some stupid public school where nothing goof was ever taught!" An annoying commentary was played from the side of his head and upon inspection, they found the phone still ringing.

But it angered him.

" Don't judge a book by its cover, Sohit," that's what his father had always told him. Then, why did the poverty line constrict that old man from following his own advice.
It angered him to an extent that he almost went to cut the call.

But well, the woman wasn't done yet and she wasn't letting his father get the bigger hand. Her ego was hurt too and although she had promised herself a million time to never again get angry over anything, she wasn't able able keep her promise on that one little issue.

So, she held his hand and gave the smartphone a very serious look.
" Harassment. Heard of that? Or did you go to a public school like me too?"

" Hey," he grabbed her hand when his father completely blew up on the other end of the call. The old man was cussing, swearing, cursing at the woman who was looking right into his eyes with such a deep, wise look over her face. He never knew when the conversation took that turn but now, he was worried. Worried about her... So, he kept the phone down and let his father's screams act like a background noise to his and her monolog

" Are you ok?" Years. Someone had asked her that after years. So, she smiled and asked herself how she ever got someone like him to even notice her. She hadn't even had to raise a finger for that...
" Yeah. Don't worry. Wasn't my first time getting stuck in a bad situation... There is one thing though,"
" What?"
" I want to apologize to your brother now... I never knew that he was such a big baby and this small thing could hurt his ego so much that he had to play the daddy card on me. I mean, wouldn't a normal man, deal with it on his own? I was expecting to be hit when I got in my room, honestly," he chuckled. Why? He didn't himself know. All he knew was when he saw her arched eyebrows and that sloppy smile over her lips, it just made him laugh. Maybe it was the tone she used or the fact that whatever she said was one of his own thoughts... He wasn't sure. All he knew was that it was funny for him.

" SOHIT!"
" Baba. Just tell Shaurya to get it checked tomorrow and deal with it. Seriously. He's not a kid that he'll run to you for every other thing," I was guessing that the immense amount of power that he felt with her around him was not liked by his parents. Maybe it was like the almost 30 year old had just hit puberty and his little rebel was not appreciated, neither needed.

But well, there were only 3 more days that he had with her and he wished to cherish those days in his heart.