Chapter 11: Feel

" My father was a doctor," there was a laptop in front of his eyes and a naked woman on the bed next to him. He had no idea where she had been that day or what she had done after she left him in the morning. All he knew was that he had heard a small knock over his room's door the previous night and outside was standing the woman who now had even interrupted his dreams.

" But he didn't want to be one. Family pressure. You get that, right?" Softly, his ears heard every small thing and every movement she made on the bed as his eyes scavenged every part of her shoulders that he could see while his fingers still worked efficiently and typed everything down.
" Hmm," and once she received the sound of agreeance, she sighed and continued
" So he started a business and put all his heart in it. Married an independent, smart, educated doctor like himself and had the seemingly perfect family from outside. Something everyone can only dream about," her eyes had dived down in the old memory lane and as her eyebrows strongly raised over her face, he found her swimming deep in the sea of memories.
" Only that it was anything but perfect from inside. A father whose heart and soul is in his business, his own work and his own growth professionally might seem good for the people around but when you notice that your father can't even take a single Sunday off, you'll understand the loneliness,"
" You had 2 sisters. How were you ever lonely?" She gave him a sarcastic chuckle for asking that question. Sisters?
" You think little complaint boxes who can never get close to you because you are the elder one can help anyone in their moments of loneliness? You really think the girl who is hit by her elder sister would want to do anything with the bully? They loathed me with a fire. Not that I blame them. It was my fault,"
" Why did you hit them?" A silent, shaky sigh left her mouth when that question was asked
" Because I was hit,"
" You were hit? By whom?"
" My mother... Turns out. An independent, wealthy, smart doctor wants kids who are like her. Smart, intelligent. Kids who can, "understand" it when she's angry. Who can understand when her in-laws taunt her and a kid who can help her. I wasn't that kid. I was just, a little dumb girl sitting in the corner house in her little pink dress playing with Barbie dolls... Was never the ideal kid and was never able to help her. It was actually like a chain... Now that I look at it. My aunts, uncles and grandmother, especially... Whenever they hurt my mother by whatever ways. Taunts, insults, curses, by overworking her... Whatever it was. She'd try to find a place to get all that hurt out on and I was the eldest one. I was the elder one so, that meant that I needed to be the mature one and handle her pain which I unfortunately couldn't do. I couldn't just unsee and unfeel all the hurt that she pushed towards me. I was just a child... So, I chose to rather remove all my hurt over my sisters. Then, they'd complaint to my parents and I'd be beat up once again and the cycle just continued. They said I had anger issues back then. I guess, I did have those... Took me to therapists, healers, psychiatrists. Nothing really helped. I was still a ball of anger, trying my best to not get all the hurt out on anything and everything, trying to not cry because, well... My mother didn't like it when I sobbed and I didn't want to get another smack on the head... I was living with the hope that it would all be better when I grew up. It didn't get any better though. Only got worse with time... And all that just continued. For years..." tears stained her beautiful face as now he looked over at her with worry. One of his hands now rested over her shoulder as a show of sympathy and as she looked him in the eyes, he knew that it was just the tip of the ice berg. There was much more to her than just that much.

" And then one day-"
" Sir. Breakfast," they didn't need it nor did they want it when a different maid walked in with a tray of breakfast for the both of them. Instead, when she found one of her friends walking in, she rather pulled the soft linen blanket over her face. That woman did not want any of her friends there to know what she had been up to for the past 2 nights. It wasn't embarrassment, it was about friendship and trust. It was about the bond she had with the women and the lies she had told them about her previous life.
" I didn't order for breakfast," but he didn't seem to understand any of that. Rather, he was more amused about how the food reached them. Also, he was a little annoyed by the fact that the story telling was disturbed. So, he frowned and stared at the maid who walked into his suite in anger

" I did," but that male voice cut everything short. That snickering young evil male force skipping his way into the room really threw everything off course in that room. His menacing presence in the room was enough to irritate the naked man as he sat on the bed

" Shaurya," his younger brother. Shaurya. Father's favorite child. Mr. goodie-two-shoes for his parents and a pain in the ass for him was standing tall and smirking nonchalantly as he stared at his brother. A scene that he had hoped to avoid
" I thought we could bond over breakfast, bhai. You know? Bond," a threesome was what he meant in his head and everyone in the room understood that. Especially the man who felt protective towards the woman in his bed now.
" Huh? What say? Because I already see that you have-"
" Get out,"

Sometimes, you have really friendly, helpful and caring siblings. And sometimes your luck fails you and all you get is a evil monster who only wants to ruin your life. Every human has feelings and a sense of guilt in their conscience but sometimes, the fun in seeing your siblings going through hardships takes over your guilt and plays with your emotions, making you vulnerable to never feeling bad for any of the bad actions you committed against your siblings. This behavior is explicitly encouraged when you are the younger sibling and your parents are always on your side. That was what that young man standing in front of him was. A monster of a brother for the naked man.

Because even when he chuckled and said, " C'mon bhai. Don't be a dick," his brother didn't feel like playing along the lines anymore
" Get out. I won't say it twice,"