Chapter 1: The Sage Green Dress

Hello! I'm the author and I just wanted to say some stuff before you read!

Alexandra is a girl, she is an OC and she is called as Alexa throughout the story, as a nickname. Lex is also a nickname her friends use for her.

That's all! I'll try to upload daily. I'm sorry if I won't update daily 'cause I have school and stuff.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you like it!

_______________________________________________

It was Alexandra's 17th birthday in a week. She was in her room, getting ready to go dress shopping with her mom, and best friend, Lucy. She looked at herself in the mirror. She brushed her long, messy red hair and looked straight into her blue eyes in the reflection and took a deep breath.

"Honey you done yet? Your pancakes are getting cold! Lucy and your Mum have already eaten." Her dad asked from the kitchen

"Almost done!" Alexa replied.

 Her phone started ringing. Alexa picked up her phone. It was from Oliver, her crush and classmate. He was a cute, tall [5'10], and shy guy. He had green eyes and blonde hair. Smiling, she picked up the phone.

"Hi, Lex! How are you? You didn't come to school yesterday so I just called so see if you're ok." He asked, in a slightly embarrassed way.

"I'm good, I was just a little sick yesterday. But thanks for asking!" she smiled.

"Oh, it's just that you never miss school so... Er- are you free today to maybe, you know, hang out?" he added trying to sound casual, but failing.

"I'm going dress shopping to the mall for my birthday. I'm really sorry." She said. "But can we meet up later, at the park at 4?"

"I'll see you there!" he said happily and hung up the phone.

Beaming, Alexa went downstairs, grabbed a waffle and sat next to her best friend, Lucy. Lucy was a short [5'3], but very cute brown-haired girl.

"Hello, Gorgeous" they said to each other.

"I could hear you talking upstairs with someone on the phone. Was it Oliver again?" her mom Daisy said, looking amused.

"Yeah. He said he would meet me later at the park." She said happily.

"Oliver's a good kid. Really sweet." Said, Daisy, nodding.

"He's really cute and shy and just so considerate. He called to ask me if I was ok, because I didn't come to school yesterday." Alexa said. "Oh, and Nathan said that he will also be at the mall." She said, looking at Lucy.

"So, Mrs. Cooper, are we going to Stellar Boutique?" asked Lucy, clearing her throat.

"Yes. We always get the best dresses from there."

"Ha, ha. There's no denying that!" agreed Alexa as Lucy nodded.

After eating, they all left for the mall.

When they reached the boutique, they saw the owner, Ms. Stella, standing at the gates.

"Hello, Daisy!" she beamed at them. "I was just thinking about your birthday and was thinking about a dress that would suit you." She winked at Alexa. "I'll help you all search!"

"Thanks, Stella." The girls grinned at her.

"Well, I suppose you would like something simple and comfy?"

"Comfy is a must!" Alexa said.

"It'll take a little time for you to decide which one you want"

And right she was. They just weren't able to find a dress that suited Alexa.

"Let's take a Pizza break." Suggested Alexa while Lucy and her mom nodded.

They went to the pizza place at the mall and ordered a large pepperoni pizza. Then they sat at a table.

As soon as they sat, Alexa's face split into a wide grin.

"Look, Nathan's here." she said, gesturing to a guy, still grinning. The guy was a brunette and pretty tall [6'2]. He was wearing black pants and a gray hoodie. He had a backpack over one of his shoulders. It was coffee brown, with some red accents.

Lucy, who was drinking water, looked at the guy and snorted into her water.

"Woah, easy there!" Said Daisy as they all started laughing.

"It's just Nathan! You've known him since you were kids!" said Daisy.

"Well, Lucy has had a crush on him for ages." Answered Alexa while Lucy wiped her face, and turned pink.

"Well, you have a crush on Oliver, too!" she said accusingly.

"Yes, but I don't snort water up my nose whenever I see him." Alexa said, with an amused expression on her face. They started laughing, including Lucy.

"Hi, Lex, Lucy and Mrs. Cooper!" said Nathan. He had finally noticed them, and was coming towards the table.

When he noticed Lucy, he also turned slightly pink.

"I'm sorry I'm late, guys. I got a bit busy with chores."

"It's okay, Nathan. Said Daisy with a smile.

"So, did you find a dress yet?" he asked.

"We weren't able to find anything perfect for her yet." Lucy answered.

"Well, let's go find one!"

They got up from the table.

They went back to the store, where Ms. Stella was holding a Light Sage Green colored dress.

Alexa went up to it, and touched it.

"It's beautiful!" she exclaimed

"I knew you'd like it" Ms. Stella said happily.

They purchased the dress and went to the parking lot.

"I got to go..." he sighed "Well, I'll see you guys in the evening! Bye, Mrs. Cooper!" he smiled and left.

They were arguing in the car whether Nathan liked Lucy or not.

"You saw how Nathan went pink when he saw you." Said Alexa with a smirk.

But Lucy was sure that it was a trick of the light, and that she didn't like Nathan like that, either.

They dropped off Lucy at their home, and went towards home.

"Oh, we forgot to get cinnamon rolls for your father, he will be slightly disappointed." Chuckled Daisy.

"Ha-ha, yeah he will be -"

But she wasn't able to complete her sentence, for within the next split second, another car at a high speed came crashing towards them, and everything went dark and blurry, and then black.

She opened her eyes a little, she was upside down, and saw someone's feet out the window. Blood was trickling down her forehead, and she could hear shouting. She could hear Lucy crying, and screaming. "Mom?" she said weakly, looking at the seat next to her. Her mom was sitting there, her eyes closed, looking so peaceful as if she were asleep. She didn't respond. "Mom!"

A million thoughts rushed to her head, but none of them made any sense.

She blacked out.