Chapter 5: Just Some Time Together

At that very second, Lucy called.

"Hi, Lucy."

"Hey, Lex! Wanna hang out at my place?"

"Oh, I completely forgot to tell you that me and dad were gonna go fishing today. Ya know, just for some fun." Said Alexa apologetically.

"Ooh great. Have fun!"

"Why don't you spend the day with Nathan and Oliver, hang out a little." Suggested Alexa.

"Hmm good idea. I'll give them a call and ask. Enjoy, Lex!"

"Thanks, you too!" replied Alexa as she hung up the phone.

She went downstairs and had cereal with her dad.

"Ready to go on an adventure, kiddo?" Her dad said, looking quite happy.

"I sure am!" Said Alexa truthfully. She hadn't spent much time with her dad lately, and was quite excited for this trip.

They both grinned at each other as they left the house and got into the car. They had all their supplies, and headed towards the lake. Just as they reached a nearby diner, a few rain drops fell on their car. They both looked at each other and ran towards the diner. As soon as they entered the diner, it started raining heavily.

"Well, looks like we won't be able to go fishing today." Chuckled Alexa's dad.

"Ha-ha yeah." Laughed Alexa in agreement. "Well, we might as well eat lunch and grab a hot coco."

Her dad nodded and they both went to a table and ordered two Hot Cocos, fried chicken and mozzarella sticks. They laughed, talked and ate. After eating, the rain finally stopped and they went home.

The day hadn't been ruined. It had been super fun and they were about to do a movie night at home.

Alexa chose the best action movie she could find [ they both loved action movies] while her dad made the popcorn.

They had lots of fun that night. It was late when the movie ended.

"Hey, dad?" said Alexa as they were cleaning up the kitchen.

"Yeah, Lex?" replied her dad.

"I just wanted to say- thanks for today. It was amazing."

"I had lots of fun, too kiddo." Her dad smiled.

They hugged, said goodnight, and left for their rooms.

Alexa went up to her room and sat on her bed. She looked at her bedside table. The locket's box was still there. She picked it up, and noticed something that made her drop the box.

Instead of Daisy, there was now Alexa written in golden ink.

Who changed it? She definitely hadn't. Her dad doesn't come in her room, and she hadn't told anyone about the locket. She picked up the box from the floor and searched everywhere for the name 'Daisy' in silver ink. She caressed the top of the box where her name was written, thinking.

*AN* I'm sorry for this short chapter! I really needed a filler chapter and some wholesome moments, so here you go!