in love

I was walking to the car, my grandpa was going to give me a ride to the first duck training.

We arrived and Hans came to the training to look at us. "Hey Hans!" a voice behind us said.

"Hi Gordon." Hans said.

I looked at the man and stuck out my hand. "I'm Kiara! I'm excited to join the team."

Bombay smiled. "Yeah we could use a new player."

The training went really good. We were doing some laps to train our conditions but I saw someone look at me. I looked and saw Adam, he smiled and looked down. Suddenly, my cheeks burned bright red.

"Omg Adam?!?" Connie yelled.

"Sttttt! Don't yell!" Connie laughed but I kinda felt uncomfortable.

After practice, Connie and I had talked a lot. "Connie, you want to sleep over at my place?"

"Yes of course, let me text my mom" Her mom said it's okay and my parents said yes, of course. Mom and dad always loved when a friend came over.

"Hi mom, this is Connie. Connie, this is my mom." Connie and I ate pizza, every time after practice, we ordered pizza. We played games with my parents and grandpa.

We went upstairs to my room but we were bored. "Should I call Guy?" Connie suggested.

"And then?"

She grinned. "Maybe he can come over."

"Yeah, i love third wheeling!" I said sarcastically.

"You know, i'm just gonna call him." I was kinda annoyed because I don't like third wheeling. Back in New York I was also the third wheel. Lexi and Johnny were always together and i just sat there.

Connie hang up. "He can come over but Adam sleep over at his."

My eyes opened wide. "Adam?!"

She smirked. "You like him, don't you?"

Again, I turned bright red. "Yeah I think I kinda do." A weird noice escaped her lips.

"Mom! Can you come up here?" My mom came to my room.

"What's going on?"

"Can Adam and Guy come over?"

"Yes of course!"

"Thanks mom." I gave her a kiss on her cheeks. "Adam, is that the boy you like?" Connie started to laugh.

"Yes mom, it is..." she laughed and went downstairs.

Connie and I went downstairs and waited on the couch for Adam and Guy. After a few minutes, the bell ring.

"I'll get it!" Hans said. "Hey guys, Kiara and Connie are on the couch."

I gave them all drinks and we went to my room. "So what do you guys want to do?"

"Maybe we can watch a movie." We all agreed.

"We should watch a scary movie." Connie said. We watched The Conjuring.

Connie and Guy were cuddling. I sat next to Adam when a jump scare came. I jumped up, digging my head in Adams shoulder. He puts his arm around me. I felt safe with him.

After the movie, we talked for a while.

"So Kiara, what do you think of the team?" Guy asked.

"I love this team! Of course I love my old team but you guys are more like, together."

"Well, we are happy you join us." Adam said proud.

Around 11:30 pm Guy and Adam left. Guy only lived 2 blocks away from me so the way home was not long.

"Tell me everything about Adam!" Connie said exited. Every time I hear his name, I start blushing. I don't know why...

"He's nice and cute and his eyes are adorable."

"Yeah you're right but he wasn't always this way.." I raise my eyebrows and wondered what she meant by that. "Before he joined the Ducks, he was a Hawk. People who are in the Hawks are all bullies and well... Adam was one of them."

"Adam, Adam banks? A bully? Never!"

"Yeah he was." I wanted to know more about how Adam was before the Ducks.

Adams pov:
Guy and I got back at his house and played video games. "Guy, can I ask you something?"

Guy looked up. "Yeah what's up?"

"How did you know you liked Connie?"

Guy let go of the controller and turned to me. "Well I felt weird being around her. I wanted to be around her all the time. Why you asking?"

My cheeks burned up. "Wait- you like Kiara?!"

I wanted to deny it but I couldn't. He already saw I turned red.  "Well I don't know how it feels to like someone."

"Like I said, you always want to be around her and when you see her, you feel things in your belly. Like butterflies. Do you have that?" I thought about it and he was right.

"I think i'm in love with her."