I Am a Generational Cycle Breaker

I've been formally diagnosed with bipolar one, complex PTSD and generalized anxiety disorder. I battle mental challenges every day. Not only that, I am more aware of the implications of my mental health challenges on the people around me, in particular my son.

I fear more than I want to that I've genetically passed on some of these metal challenges to my son. Some, not all. Some of my mental health challenges are a symptom of my past, not my genetics. However, I now believe in generational curses. The more my eyes have been widened to God in all His glory, the more I have also become aware of spiritual warfare.

While I am still constantly learning about spiritual warfare and generational curses, I can very clearly see three main generational curses in my personal life which are mental health challenges, alcoholism and divorce.

When I became saved by God, and all of this became clear to me, I made a commitment to become an active generational cycle breaker. In fact, I wear a ring daily. This ring is not your typical ring, as it does not complete a full circle around my finger. Instead, there is a gap and the ring is incomplete.

That gap is my reminder of what I wish for my son and the future generations of my family. I wish for there to be a gap in mental health challenges; I wish for there to be a gap in alcoholism; I wish for there to be a gap in divorce.

Instead, I wish to see a complete and wholehearted reliance on God for peace, guidance and comfort that can surpass all mental health challenges. I wish to see a family that seeks out God's word and His worship as a form of self-medication. I wish to see couples that love an imperfect partner, because we are all imperfect people loving other imperfect people. The only perfect person is Jesus. And we can love, because He loved us first.

I'm Breaking Generational Cycles
For me, I am doing all that I can to overcome my mental health challenges through the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and God himself.

For me, I have stopped drinking alcohol. I drank alcohol from an early age and only stopped at the age of 35 once God pointed out that this was a generational curse for my family. It's easy for me not to drink alcohol anymore, because it's not a choice that I'm just making today; it's a choice I making for every generation to come after me in my family line. It's no longer a hard choice not to drink, it's an easy choice. It's the easiest choice I could ever make.

For me, I choose marriage, faith and loyalty every single day. I recently saw a television show that said "are you choosing your marriage every day." Marriage is an active choice. It's an active choice to have compassion. It's an active choice to love someone who is imperfect. I commit to loving my husband through everything, just as God has loved me through everything.

Prayer:
Father, I ask for You to help me be a generational cycle breaker. Help me always rely on Your strength, not my own, in this battle. May I always remember that You have already overcome; this battle will be won and already is!

Scripture:
"We love because he first loved us."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
‭‭John‬ ‭16:23‬ ‭NIV

"to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬