Orphan Girl

My username is "orphan girl" because the Holy Spirit showed me that I was an orphan looking for a parental love deeper than any parent on earth, including my own parents, could provide me.

My own upbringing while joyous, also had many trials, which made me particularly and deeply grateful when I realized I was no longer an orphan – I had been adopted.

Adopted
Yes, I was adopted by a wonderful Heavenly Father. A Father who loves me unconditionally, without me having to earn it and even when I mess up (sin).

When my relationship changed with God and I began seeing Him and feeling Him as my Father, I also began seeing things differently.

A Heavenly Father
I think about holding hands with a Heavenly Father.
I think about my Heavenly Father hugging me when I'm sad.
I think about my Heavenly Father clapping for joy when I've done something well, especially when I was obeying something He put on my heart to do.
I expect discipline when my Father needs to teach me something.
I know I can go to my Father when I'm going through a tough time and He will show me what I can learn from that tough time.
I don't have to wonder if my Father will be there for that special milestone – I know He'll always be with me. My Heavenly Father will never abandon me.

Never Alone Again
That piece is so important. If you've ever lived as an orphan you may relate to the fear of being left or of fearing that the love you've found could easily be taken away. So when you finally receive love, especially from a Father that will never leave you – there is nothing more powerful.

Key Thoughts and Takeaways:
- The "Father fracture," which is essentially a broken relationship with your biological father can lead to a broken relationship with your Heavenly Father and thus contribute to many of the negative emotions in your life of anger, resentment, fear, loneliness and the list goes on
- Parental love is limited; God's love is limitless
- God, the Heavenly Father's, love is for you
- Let yourself be loved

Prayer:
Father, I am so thankful everyday for you rescuing me and adopting me. Your love is like nothing else I have ever experienced. Your love rescues me from mountain tops and valley lows. Your love comforts me in fear. Your love is never ending and I couldn't be more grateful.

Scripture:
"He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will,"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭68:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, " Abba, Father.""
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬ (my own emphasis added)

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬